Chapter 7 - Thief?

Loud chattering could be heard throughout the mess hall, Max and Nikki were sitting on a bench, far in the corner of the Mess Hall. They were both not eating anything since they already had plenty of pudding cups earlier. A deafening scream could be heard from the kitchen, startling everybody in the Mess Hall, except Max or Nikki. Both kids only winced and calmly looked over at the source of the sound. Gwen, the camp counselor, burst through the kitchen doors with an expression of fear printed onto her face, "I think we've been robbed!" She yelled. Her co counselor, David, walked up to her and tilted his head in confusion, "Are you sure? I mean, this isn't the first time you overreacted over something that's not true." Stated the redheaded co counselor, earning murmurs of agreement,
"See for yourself if you don't believe me!" The violet eyed women then grabbed David's hand, and dragged him to the kitchen, "H-hey! Let go!" He barked, pulling his hand away to see where his friend dragged him to, "Need more proof?" Gwen asked, putting her hands on her hips, "Yeah, I need more proof." David simply replied, thinking that the cause of the mess was just because a raccoon went through the food, "Well, If it wasn't a thief who went through the food, who was it?" Gwen retorted, placing her hands on her hips. Trying to look intimidating by deeply frowning, like what David always did, but Gwen was ultimately failing since she wasn't used to putting on a mad expression, "A raccoon, rat, bear- Oh I can go on for a day." David smirked, his smug expression meeting Gwen's mad expression.
While both counselors were bickering about what caused the mess, Max and Nikki, Including the other campers, decided to walk over to the two arguing adults. One camper, specifically Nikki, tugged at David's pants, her other hand inside her pocket, got the redheaded co counselor's attention, "The fuck you arguing 'bout?" She said uninterestedly, "Yeah, What's up with the arguing?" Preston added. Soon, all of the children started asking the same question.
David hushed all of the kids and raised his voice so all campers could hear, "Does anyone know who made a mess at the kitchen?" He asked, "You mean the pile of potatoes in the kitchen?" Max spoke up, "Yeah tha- wait, how do you know about it?" Exclaimed the redheaded co counselor worriedly, this caused the small raven haired boy to sweat uncontrollably and look around uncomfortably, "Well I... Me and... We just-" He stuttered, hearing another camper behind him, mocking Max, "Spill it out freak!" They yelled, earning everyone's attention, including Max. The mint eyed boy turned around to see it was none other then Neil and his gang, snickering and whispering to each other.
The raven haired child then gulped and turned to face David and Gwen who were eyeing him, faces full of concern, "Do you have anything to do with this, Max?" Gwen asked, "I'm sorry." The little raven haired boy mumbled loud enough for the olive skinned counselor to hear, "I woke up early and got hungry, so I went to the kitchen and rummaged through the cupboards." He whispered, "That's ok, the great part is that nobody robbed us." She chirped, her voice then changing completely, "Anyways, Let's get this day started! Everybody outside, we're going to go meet a special guest!" Gwen Exclaimed in a sing-song voice.
Max breathed a sigh of relief, knowing he wasn't in trouble, "Hey look, you didn't get in trouble." Nikki said, lightly punching Max's arm, earning nervous laughter from him which caused other campers to look over at the two children and whisper to one another.
Nikki noticed this and grabbed Max's wrist, attracting even more attention, "Cmon Max, let's go outside where it doesn't smell like bullshit." She then walked outside, dragging Max behind her, ignoring the other campers, "I don't smell anything." Max obliviously replied, "Shut up."
"Looks like little Maxie has a new friend"
Neil snickered as he saw the two campers exit the mess hall, he was going to have another doll to play with, that doll being specifically Nikki.
———
Yeah, I cut this short so you people could read at least a chapter. I've run out of excuses as to why this chapter is late like the others. Spring break is just taking lots of my free time so I could have a nice holiday. Anyways, here's a new chapter introducing a new character who spoke only 2 times, Neil! Moving on to the next chapter, I'll see y'all there, and please leave criticism down below, it'll be appreciated!!!!