Gon X Chrollo

A/n: 19yrs old Gon

Gon gritted his teeth and dived away before Chrollo's attack could hit him, ignoring the cut which appeared under his eye.

That bastard was still strong as heck and it was just his luck to run into him while on his way back from competing in Heaven's Arena.

"What a surprise to see you again, Gon-chan," he purred, smirking when the boy gritted his teeth.

Gon tightened his fists and hopped onto a tree just as Chrollo sent another attack his way.

The most infuriating part of the man's power was not knowing what to expect since he had probably hundreds of abilities in that darn book.

"So tell me... Has that little boyfriend of yours learned his lesson?"

Perched on the tree, Gon couldn't help but roll his eyes at the question. "Can't you just let that go?"

He jumped down from the tree and sat down, staring at Chrollo whose eyebrows were furrowed as he looked at him. "It's best to move on for both our sakes, you know."

Chrollo snorted and closed his book, vanishing it seconds later. "And you know that I can't do that."

Gon groaned and momentarily closed his eyes, tilting his head to look at the man as he rested. "What do you want? I've practically betrayed my friend because of you an-"

"And I don't care," he interjected calmly. Chrollo had a mask of indifference on his face as he approached a noticeably wary Gon, sitting down next to him with a soft sigh. "How Kurapika feels is no problem of mine because you know that we'll always be tied to each other."

"You don't have to tell me twice," he muttered lowly, allowing  Chrollo to pull him closer to his side since there was no use struggling.

"How is he doing? You have everything you need?" he asked softly, staring straight ahead even as he wrapped Gon in his arms.

This was still so unfamiliar to him sometimes.

Gon sighed and shrugged. "He's okay... Just been asking for you alot..."

Chrollo groaned. "If that little bitch you call a friend wasn't so hellbent on revenge then Chime wouldn't have to be asking for me."

"Well, you did murder his entire clan to steal their eyes," he replied dryly.

Chrollo rolled his eyes and pushed Gon away from him, not even sparing him another glance when he fell over and began cursing at him. "He's still uptight about that?" He got up and brushed his coat off. "Well tough luck then because I'm coming to see Chime in a couple days. If he starts a fight then I'll effectively end his clan once and for all."

And before Gon could reply, Chrollo sped off, not even looking back.

"Can't I ever catch a damn break?" he murmured, pushing himself up from where Chrollo had pushed him down. "Kurapika is gonna have an aneurysm, I just know it."

Later that day

Gon ate his Apple with an defeated expression on his face as Kurapika yelled in his left ear while Killua took the right.

"What the fuck was going through your empty head, Gon?!"

"Are you really letting that murderer come here after all he's done?!"

Leorio wisely remained quiet, focusing instead on making sure that Chime didn't try to remove the noise cancelling headphones.

He sighed when Killua smacked the apple from his hand and spun him around, gripping the front of his jacket to pull their faces closer while he continued yelling.