13

chenle skipped school again

chenle skipped school again. jisung told him last night that he's gonna ask jaemin out on a date the next day. all chenle did was give tips and advices. he was smiling, yes. but it doesnt mean he's happy or anything.

renjun tried reaching out to him. cue: he tried. but chenle was just too oblivious about everything.

his phone rang 5 times a row. he really wished that it was jisung, but the younger boy is probably busy for his date with jaemin.

the words why cant it be me? were scribbled on chenle's journal, its pages were soaked with tears.

he wanted to tell someone about what he feels. he really wanted to tell renjun about it. or haechan. but doesnt want them to worry about him. chenle dislikes being babied.

it was already 7 pm when chenle's mother knocked on his door for dinner. "im not hungry. i still have to finish my project." the boy lies but she insisted to have dinner brought to his bedroom. chenle just nods, flashing a fake smile at his mother.

chenle lays in his king sized bed, burried his face on a pillow and cry. and cry. and cry. and cry. until he was tired. but he still wasnt sleepy so he went downstairs to get himself some milk.

as he opens the refrigerator, he immediately checks the freezer. he wanted ice cream too. but he found none. he decided to text renjun and ask him if he could go with chenle and buy some ice cream.

moominco sent you a message.

moominco: im outside your house.

chenle ran towards the big door, opening it wide only to see a smiling renjun.

"come in, renjun-ge." the younger boy plasters a fake smile on his face but renjun knew it wasnt the smile a happy chenle would give him.

renjun stepped in the house and runs to the living room. chenle follows right after closing the door. "do you want anything??"

"nah. i just wanted to see you." renjun gets a pillow and buries his face in it. the silence between them grew. thats when renjun decided to do what he came for. he kissed chenle.

the taller boy sat there. shocked. not expecting that at all. but he didnt have the strength to push renjun away. the older boy pulls away, standing up to leave.

"renjun. why did you do that?" chenle asks, causing renjun to stop walking.

"i'll tell you next time." the boy walked out.

that night kept chenle thinking why renjun kissed him.