33

"what's wrong with you, zhong chenle?" jeno slams the door behind him, making his way to the green haired boy

"what?" chenle raised his brow at the older boy who was ready to strangle him any minute. "you're really asking me that when you're literally the one shouting at me right now."

"what did you say to jisung huh? you and renjun? last time i checked, you were inlove with jisung. why are you and renjun together?" the brown haired boy crosses his arms. the chinese boy only gave jeno a confused look. he didnt know what his hyung is talking about. renjun? and i? he questions himself in his mind. "why wont you explain yourself hmmm?"

jeno shows a screenshot of chenle and jisung's convo. the green haired arches his brows. he doesnt remember sending those messages. in fact, he didnt send those. renjun did.

"thats not me." chenle raises his voice accidentally but immediately keeps his head low for apology. "i swear thats not me."

"if thats wasnt you, then why didnt you show up last friday huh? where were you?" the korean boy slips his phone inside his pocket. he wanted to believe chenle. he wanted to believe that renjun isnt chenle's boyfriend. but he just couldnt. it was too hard to believe so when there is proof that he sent it. "and why does this shit say that the messages came from you? explain this shit."

"i dont remember sending them. i dont remember blocking jisung. yes, i was angry at him but not to the extent that i use renjun to make him leave." defensiveness was evident in the chinese boy's voice. this time, jeno was convinced that it wasnt him who sent it. then who did? renjun? "i was at renjun's house that night. he was comforting me."

"why? what happened?" the intrigued lee jeno massages his temples as he sits on a chair near chenle.

"he told me that jisung was using me to move on from jaemin."

"how can you say so?"

"because he saw jaemin and jisung earlier that day. together." the korean boy shook his head in disappointment. renjun really would go as low as he can just to get what he wants. he said in his head.

"oh so im using you right now to get with my crush?" jeno asks him. partly yes, mostly no. the older boy glances at his watch. chenle just kept his head low in silence. "exactly my point. not because he was with jaemin, he's already using you. jisung genuinely likes you. believe me. we were helping him prepare his proposal for you and it all went to waste because of the stupid rain and the false statement renjun told you."

"h-he likes me?" chenle's cheeks were all flushed. jeno couldnt lie to him about this. jeno was a good friend who can be trusted.

"yes he does, chenle."

but little did he know that the trustworthy lee jeno could have darker secrets than anyone else could.