Chapter One: Prologue

Kaiju (kaijū); Giant Beast.
Jaeger (yāgar); Hunter.

'When I was only a kid, whenever I would feel small, alone, or even on my own, I would look up to the stars above at night, and wondered if there was life out there amongst the galaxy. It turned out that I was looking over in completely the entirety wrong direction.'

'When alien life entered our world, it wasn't from the stars. It came from deep beneath Remnant's Ocean. From a fissure between two tectonic plates. A portal between dimensions.'

'They called it... The Breach.'

'I was only 5 years old when the first Kaiju made land in Vale in August 10th, 2013. K-Day.'

An earthquake measuring 7.1 on the Richter Scale was recorded, and The epicenter of the quake was in the middle of the Bay. Then, a monstrous creature emerged out of the waters before Vale.

The creature was measured to be 302f tall (92 metres), and weighs 2780 tonnes. The creature's hide looked to be very thick and protective, along with having bone-white armour around its head and spine. It emits an orange bioluminous glow from inside its mouth. The main arms are actually two fused arms, each ending with three clawed digits, with a large axe-shaped head.

The creature tore its way through Vale's dockyards, killing hundreds of innocent people, as many were either crushed or impaled by falling debris, or even crushed by the monster's large mass.

News reports of the quake were quickly followed by "strange reports of something approaching Vale". Video footage of the Kaiju attacking the docks was broadcast by news organisations all over the world. Successive news reports showed the devastation it inflicted on Vale and the surrounding area, and the futile attempts of the combined forces of the Atlas military's ground forces and airstrikes to kill it.

The creature then went on a 35 mile rampage along the coast, devastating the area of Vale over the next six days. The Altas military responded to the giant creature, fighting it over the course of the six days. With troops, tanks, heavy artillery and jets attempting to kill the creature, but they were unable to succeed in stopping it.

On August 15th, the military finally resorted to using a tactical Dust bomb and missile to kill the creature, in which they succeeded. It took three such missiles to bring the beast down, but the Kaiju Grimm did not fade away like the Grimm does regularly; its body remained where it fell. The creature's blood left large swaths of the Bay area uninhabitable.

'By the time Atlas tanks, jets, and missiles, along with Hunters and Huntresses took the titanic beast down, six days and 35 miles later, the city of Vale was destroyed in the attack. Tens of thousands of lives were lost. I lost both of my grandparents when the Kaiju tore apart and devastated Vale.'

'We mourned our deceased, memorialised the attack, and we moved on.'

Six months after the Kaiju Grimm, codenamed Trespasser, attacked Vale, another Kaiju Grimm emerged from the Breach, and makes landfall in Solitas, at night during a tropical storm. It crossed the bay, and attacked Atlas Academy itself, along with Mantle.

'But then, only six months later, the second Kaiju Grimm attack hit Atlas Academy in Solitas.'

By the time officials know what is happening, the Kaiju Grimm, codenamed Hundun, was rampaging through the academy, causing widespread death and destruction and terrorising the inhabitants, before being finally killed by a tactical Dust strike. However, though it is killed, its excrement severely contaminates the environment of the city.