Chapter Thirteen: Double Event Pt2

Back in the bay, Leatherback began to walk around the four downed Jaegers, eyeing its prey, and seemed to be smirking to itself, since it took down the Jaegers with its E.M.P bioweapon. It stalked Striker Eureka around, and seemed to freakishly grin at the Jaeger.

"I've got nothing on the systems." Alice muttered in annoyance onboard Cosmic Apogee, then she kicked the control console. "The entire CPU is fried. We're a sitting duck here."

"Not to mention we've got a huge gorilla Kaiju Grimm right outside our front door, with Cherno, Crimson, and Striker disabled also." Alex added in anger, then disengaged his harness, and began to head to the harness.

"Wait. Alex. What are you doing?" Alice disengaged from the harness also, and looked to her brother.

"Listen, Alice." Alex turned around to face his sister with a hardened face, making Alice step back. "Even with our Jaegers disabled and out of power, WE are the only people in the world that stand against that 2,000 tonne monster, and the city of 7 million people. So, we have a choice: we either sit here and wait for something bad to happen, or we go out there, face against our greatest fear, and go and do something really stupid?"

Alice was at a loss for words right now, not sure what to say back to her brother. When he puts his mind to it when fighting Kaiju, or even doing anything, he will not take no or a failure for an answer. With a reluctant sigh, she followed her brother out of the Conn-Pod, onto its roof.

The rain pelted down, as thunder and lightning struck up above in the skies overhead. Alice and Alex got up onto the top of the Conn-Pod, and as they got up, they saw Leatherback stopping near the front of the other Mark-5 Jaeger.

"What's it doing?" Alice wondered, only to see two red streaks of light fly from the top of the Australian Jaeger, then strike Leatherback's right eyes. However, the Kaiju stirred into anger, the tendrils behind its head lashing out in rage. "Ohh...."

"I think they just pissed that ugly thing off!" Alex added.

Leatherback raised its fists above its head, ready to crush the Jaeger, but before it did, a bright light shone down behind the Kaiju and Jaeger, accompanied by the noise of helicopters approaching. Herc and Chuck shielded their eyes from the light, while Alice and Alex looked forth. As the Kaiju turned around, there was one Jaeger being dropped into the bay in front of it, then it rose up to its full height, blowing its foghorn. In its 260ft tall, 1,980 tonne glory, it's Gipsy Danger.

"Oh, yeah

"Oh, yeah." Alex smiled, seeing the Mark-3 there. It was gonna be the first time he sees the famed Jaeger fight. "Gipsy Danger, back in action."

Just then, another foghorn echoed out, and another blue Jaeger stepped out from behind Gipsy, and stood on its right side. It was none other than the second Mark-3, Cobalt Warrior.

Pyrrha and Jaune, onboard Gipsy's Conn-Pod, both get into a Kung-Fu battle stance, as they glared at Leatherback. "Okay, Pyrrha." The latter said to his partner. "Get ready! Let's take him on!"