Chapter Fifteen: Cancelling the Apocalypse

"We're gonna harvest the skin, the talons and the wing. People on Vacuo are gonna go nuts for that stuff." Hannibal said to his crew, and snapped his fingers. "Let me see that map." A woman walked up, then Hannibal pointed to the map. "Here is where the Kaiju fell, here's where we concentrate our efforts.

"We'll get it, boss." The shrivelled male replied to Hannibal, as he opened the door out of the lab.

"Hey!" Everyone looked over, and they saw a angry Newton Geiszler, who was furious and shaking. "Okay. Guess who's back, you one-eyed bitch? And you owe me a Kaiju brain." He pointed at Hannibal, still shaking from what happened and what he's been through.

~*~*~

At the Shatterdome, Jaune, Pyrrha, Yang, Ruby, and Braedey were being congratulated by almost everyone in the entirety of the personnel, along with some of the other Jaeger pilots.

"Braedey!" The brunette looked over, and saw Herc, who has his right arm in a sling, indicating he had been injured in battle. "My kid'd never admit it but he's grateful. We both are." He held his hand out, and Braedey shook hands back with him.

"Wǒmen bìxū gǎnxiè nǐ zhěngjiù wǒmen de shēngmìng, jípǔ sài wéixiǎn hé gǔ zhànshì." One of the Wei Tang Brothers thanked the three pilots, and the trio bowed their heads to the pilot.
(Translation: We must thank you for saving our lives, Gipsy Danger and Cobalt Warrior.)

"You guys did very well." Yang added, as Alice and Alex nodded their heads in agreement.

"Same here." Ruby nodded.

"Mr. Martin and Arc! Miss Nikos, Xiao Long, and Rose!" A door opened up, and everyone saw James Ironwood walking up to them. "In all of my years fighting... I've never..." He smiled. "...seen anything like that. Well done. Proud of you. Proud of us all." His smile faded. "But, as harsh as it sounds... there is no time to celebrate our victories. Reset that clock."

But then, everyone began to mumble to one another, seeing something. Weiss gently pointed to her nose to Ironwood. Ironwood placed his hand under his nose, and he felt blood coming from his nose.

"Reset the clock." Ironwood then left to his office, leaving everyone in concern and confusion, while Braedey looked to Weiss, who showed him a crestfallen expression. So, he headed off after the Marshall.

~*~*~

Meanwhile, Hannibal Chau and his workers, along with Newt, were currently harvesting at Otachi's remains, which have crash-landed on the outskirts of Atlas 2.0.

"I still can't believe what you did to me." Newt grumbled angrily to Hannibal. "I mean, I could have been eaten."

"Well, that was definitely the plan." Hannibal shrugged, as he and Newt walked through the wreckage, heading over to what could be the hip section of the Kaiju. "Lucky for you, that didn't become necessary, huh?"

"Thank you so much, you're so kind. I really appreciate all of this." Newt thanked him. "But now do you mind telling me exactly what is taking so long for your workers to get that brain?"

"Well, they pump the cavity full of CO2, just like in any other laparoscopic surgery." Hannibal explained, as they looked to the section, which was being pumped with CO2.