Chapter Sixteen: Operation Pitfall Pt1

Out over the Ocean, Gipsy, Cobalt, Striker, Cherno, Crimson, and Romeo were flying across the sea, while just behind the Jaegers, Cosmic and Crescent were both jumping and flying behind them.

Onboard Cobalt, Braedey flipped a few switches and buttons, prepping the Mark-3 Jaeger for undersea combat and movements, making sure Cobalt Warrior was ready.

'You sure we'll make it out of this alive?' Cobalt asked Braedey inside his head.

"I'm sure we'll make it out." Braedey replied back to her, flipping one or two switches. "Anyway, I'll make sure we'll fight our way out of this." He then flipped a Comms switch to contact the other Jaegers. "Gipsy. Cosmic. You guys okay our there?" He asked them.

"All good on our end." Alex replied. "Cosmic is rocketing along, and catching up to you guys. We're a few minutes away from the drop-off."

"Roger, Cosmic." Pyrrha replied to the Mark-5 Jaeger. "Cobalt, you okay over there?"

"I'm good, Pyrrha." Braedey replied. "I'm all fired up. Nobody's gonna die, and the Kaiju aren't gonna take our home." He declared.

"Well said, Warrior." Aleksis called in from Cherno Alpha. "Well said."

"You're right about that, Braeds." Yang added in.

"Hey, Braedey." Chuck called in, much to Braedey's surprise. "I'm sorry about what I said, and thanks for saving mine and Dad's life."

"Hey, no hard feelings, Chuck." Braedey replied. "You would've done the same for me, you hotshot." He chuckled, and he heard Chuck laugh back in response. "Okay, everyone. Let's go kick some Kaiju Grimm ass, and close that Breach!"

The other pilots cheered out loud, as they prepared for the drop into the ocean.

~*~*~

Back in Atlas 2.0, with Gottlieb and Newt, the two of them were hooked up to the Neural Bridge device, while Kento and Lucy stood back. They weren't sure as to what might happen, but they didn't want to stand close to the two scientists, or even the dead Kaiju baby.

"You ready for this?" Newt asked.

"Oh, yes, yes." Gottlieb replied, a bit hesitantly.

"Initiating neural handshake in five... four... three... two... one." Newt pushed the red button in his hand, and both scientists and the Kaiju entered the Drift.

Both Kento and Lucy saw the two of them struggling to stand with the Drift, but after a few moments, Newt coughed out, as a small drip of blood came from Gottlieb's nose, while the other scientist took off the helmet.

"Are you okay?" Newt asked, as Gottlieb took off his helmet.

"Yes, of course. I'm completely fine." Newt replied, only to nearly retch, then he ran over to a toilet, and vomited into it. Newt pulled out a handkerchief, walked over to Gottlieb, and handed it to him. "The Drift. You saw it? Did you?"

"Yeah. Listen, we have to warn them." Newt agreed. "The Jaegers... The Breach... The plan..."

"It's not going to work." Gottlieb replied in horror.

"Let's get to the Shatterdome." Kento declared.

~*~*~

"Disengaging transport."

The cables detached from the Jaegers, and they fell into the sea, all of them landing in the sea, as Cosmic Apogee and Crescent Celica land, and they begin to follow the other Jaegers into the sea, heading towards the Breach. The mission is simple: get to the Breach, drop the bomb, kill the Kaiju Grimm, and close the Breach, once and for all