Part 3

Your POV
"Time to get up, sleepy head!" An over enthusiastic, accented voice cheers, pulling you out of your deep slumber.

Morning all ready? Darn... I was just getting into the good part of my dream... Revenge.

You let your eyes flutter open to reveal the face of Miko, who was staring down at you expectantly.

"Y/NNNNN... Come onnnnnnnnnnn!" The pink and black haired Japanese girl whines, pouting slightly. "We're gonna have some fun today!"

You sit up slowly, raising your hands in a signal of defense.

"Can you please quiet down!" You snap. "I am not a morning person! At all! And I am not letting you drag me into... whatever your doing today... Plus, we have school today, remember?"

At this, your friend's face falls slightly.

"Oh yeah... I forgot about that..."

You turn your attention to the rest of the base.

Jack and Raf were fitting in their before school match of video games and the bots were slowly appearing into the main area.

"First order of the day, re-establishment recon on Y/N's Mother." Arcee states as Bulkhead clenches his fists and Bumblebee lets out a series of angry whirs.

You nod slowly, the grim reality of your Mother being gone gripping you once more, your ever growing hate towards the Decepticon leader growing steadily.

Today is going to be a long one...

Brushing the negative thoughts aside, you sigh, making your way towards the Cybertronians standing in the middle of the room.

"Has anyone seen Ratchet? He's supposed to take us to school this morning, but it seems he's not exactly here?" You question aloud with a yawn, glancing at your mechanical friends.

"No idea. He's usually already monitoring the computers already. It is strange for him to not be here." Bulkhead muses aloud, gazing at your small form with a slightly concerned expression.

"Why don't we go find Doc, together, Y/N! It'll be fun!" Miko cheers once again, this time grabbing your wrist and dragging your towards the elevator towards the back of the base.

"What? No! Miko, I am just fine on my own... Okay, fine then." You begin to protest but the closing elevator doors silence you.

"Sooooo..." Your Japanese friend chides, her voice extremely loud in the small space. "It seems that DocBot has taken a liking to you!"

DocBot? That's a new one.

"Sure, I guess." You mutter, praying this elevator would reach its destination quickly so you could rid yourself of the over enthusiastic ball of energy standing next to you.

Suddenly, Miko grabs your shoulders, looking you in the eyes.

"Listen, Y/N. Ratchet let you help him patch up Arcee and Bumblebee and fix the Groundbridge controls! Do you know how huge that is?! He doesn't let us even go near his stuff, let alone help him with anything."

"Ratchet was the one to deliver the news of..." You hesitate, a lump welling in your throat. "M-My Mother... He's the one I feel closest to... It's not rocket science, Miko."

Miko glances at your skeptically.

"Dude! You're the Nerdy one of the group! You should be able to see this! Optimus refused to be your Guardian for a reason. Sure, the reason he gave was valid, but he sees how similar you and DocBot are! It's so obvious Y/N! If Bulkhead can see the similarities, you should be able to, too!"