Part 10

Arcee's POV
"Ratchet. We need a Groundbridge out of here!" I yell into my Comm as I fire two shots, hitting both targets square in the chest, offlining them instantly.

"Hello? Arcee to Base? Is anyone there?" I try again, only to receive no response, just static.

Great...

"Optimus! I can't get a hold of Ratchet!" I yell into my Comm, over the clamour of various sounds, all of which seemed to haunt me wherever I went.

"Understood, Arcee." Came the reply, short and to the point as always.

We'd better get a Bridge out of here soon, or else we'll be scrapped.

"Autobots, fall back!" The commanding voice of Optimus Prime orders over the bedlam, as I finish two Cons with a few swift kicks and punches.

Almost immediately, I follow the order, dashing towards the nearby row of trees that was on the outskirts of the human mining area, an unlikely source for an Energon deposit, but not an unknown one, by both sides.

"What now, boss?" Bulkhead muses aloud, coming up beside me, Bumblebee hot on his trail.

"Optimus to Base, come in. Ratchet, come in. Is anyone there?" Our Leader attempts over the Comm channel, only to likely receive the same static I had moments ago.

We all stand there, in utter silence, weapons outdrawn in fear of attack from our adversaries that could have followed us, all while desperately waiting for some sort of response.

We can't just stand around like this.

"If we don't get an answer within the next few-" I begin, frustrated, only to be cut off by a confused voice.

"How do you work this thingamabob, anyway? Hello? Is anyone there?"

Bulkhead groans dramatically.

"Don't tell me that's-"

I can only nod in distaste as he's cut off.

"Agent Fowler, this is Optimus Prime. We need a Bridge from our current location." Optimus explains, our human liaison's annoyed chatter still audible in the background as rather abruptly, the welcoming sight of the Groundbridge vortex comes into view.

"Thank Primus." I sigh in relief as we all make a mad dash for the portal, leaving the Decepticons in our wake.

****

"Prime!" The annoyingly demanding voice of Agent Fowler is the first thing I hear once on the other side, back in the safety of the Base.

"How can I be of assistance, Agent Fowler?" Our Leader answers curtly, walking over to where the human was standing, waiting rather impatiently.

"I need you to tell me why you bots don't have your usual bot back at Base! If I hadn't have happened to swing by, you'd all be piles of scrap metal!" He exclaims, tapping his foot against the concrete repetitively.

At this, Optimus turns to us, before casting his gaze around the empty looking Base, and then back to Fowler.

"Though I do not know where Ratchet has gone, I can only presume-"