Part 5

Your POV
The numbness throughout your body returned as soon as your mind was dragged out of your slumber and brought back to a reality.

And your reality is filled with grief, shock and sadness, which instantly cascade over you like a wave.

You sigh heavily, pulling the blanket you're currently under, up over your head, in a vain attempt to block out life.

"Mom..." You manage to choke out between sobs as the tears run down your cheeks, staining your shirt. "I'm so sorry! I'm sorry Mom! It's all my fault!"

You lay there, underneath the protection of the blanket, a sobbing and blubbering mess, regretting everything that you did and didn't say to your Mother. However, the sound of Team Prime arriving into the main area of the old missile silo diverts your attention from the state you're currently in.

Brushing the tears away, you allow your eyes to open slowly, taking note of their heaviness, as you throw off the blanket and drag yourself to a sitting position.

I did not sleep well last night. Well, who would after what I've been through lately...

With a yawn that likely sounded more like a sniffle, you make your way to your feet, which carry you towards the currently empty couch upon the raised platform that you and your friends often occupy, as you flop down on the cushions with a choked sob.

I can't live like this anymore...

"I can't live like this..."

Ratchet's POV
Guilt.

Guilt is all I feel as Y/N lets out a choked sob, her cries becoming more and more like whimpers of grief.

I cast my gaze to where the rest of my teammates are standing, watching the small human form with compassionate yet shielded looks.

I have to try and help...

I huff lightly, turning my back towards the other Autobots, my gaze once more set on the girl who's sobs were once again quieting down.

"Y/N?" I start quietly, cautiously.

Upon hearing my voice, she lifts her head slightly, smiling feebly before crumbling into despair once more.

"I..." She lets out through strangled sobs. "I should've done something... If I just-"

"You would've been killed, Y/N." I state, my tone stern, caution evaporating. "What good would've that been?"

"I would be dead..." She whispers quietly, nodding slowly in understanding. "I'm not sure if that would've been a good thing or a bad thing at this point..."

Once again, her tears begin to flow as I stand there helplessly.

"Do something, Ratchet!" Bulkhead hisses, grabbing my attention.

Turning slowly, I notice that he, Arcee and Bumblebee are all standing in front of an active Groundbridge and Optimus is nowhere in sight.

Nodding, I sigh heavily, as I watch the trio disappear into the portal.

"Let's see what I can do."

Your POV
If I had done something to stop this... to stop this pain...

"You would've been killed, Y/N..." Your Guardian's words echo throughout your exhausted brain.

Maybe that would have been for the best... If I was dead, I wouldn't feel like this...

Another set of sobs rock your body as you lift your head once more to examine your familiar surroundings, your vision blurry.

Your gaze rests on the giant alien robot Medic you'd become so close to over the past while, the memory of your first encounter coming to the forefront of your mind.