Part 9

Your POV
I have literally no idea what I'm doing.

Your thoughts are a jumble of things, as are your feelings.

Time had passed since you had first started to think about your possible attempt at solidifying the formula for Synthetic Energon, but with no avail, had you succeeded in coming up with a way to replicate or even read the actual formula.

Your previous burst of confidence had dried up.

When you had first started out, you figured it could be done, but as the hours and minutes ticked by, your likelihood of success, as well as your ticket off this warship, plummeted into the ground in a heaping ball of flames.

You sigh heavily, thinking things over as your gaze wanders around the Decepticon laboratory you've been stuck in for what seemed like eons.

This technology is super advanced compared to what we have back at Base...

That thought spirals into something darker, much more hopeless and desperate.

I'm starting to think Starscream was right. Maybe no one is actually coming for me.

You quickly shake your head, vainly trying to shake the dark thought away.

No. They'll come for me. I've just got to hold out for a bit longer.

"How are things coming along, Y/N?" The voice of Knockout sounds from across the room, startling you and pulling you from your thoughts.

The cherry red mech had disappeared for quite some time, his destination unknown to you. Now, he was back and appeared to be quite annoyed.

"What did you just say?" You question, turning slowly to face your captor.

"I asked you how things were coming along?" He replies, confusion evident in his tone.

Funny, he actually used my name...

"I think I've figured things out. Did you get everything we'll need?" You ask, false certainty ringing clearly in your voice, though the Decepticon didn't seem to notice.

Or maybe he just doesn't care.

"Of course it's not like I don't know what I'm doing! You're just here to supervise... Make sure I do things correctly." He mutters, along with something too low he figured you wouldn't hear. "Because apparently, I don't know what I'm doing, according to Scream."

Interesting...

"Well, I'll be here, watching..." You trail off as Knockout gently picks you up and sets your small form on his shoulder, out of harm's way.

Lazily, you watch as the Con' begins the process, your thoughts wandering again.

This reminds me all too much of Ratch... Imagine what he would be capable of with this kind of tech in his grasp...

You wipe a stray tear away quickly, not wanting to show any weakness to the likes of your captor.

"Someone will rescue me. I've just got to have hope..." You whisper, too low for you or Knockout to hear - he was too preoccupied with the task of not spilling anything on his precious finish.

Ratchet's POV
It has been at least three Earth days since Y/N had been taken.

I deactivate the Groundbridge controls with a heavy sigh, my gaze wandering the empty missile silo.

"I can't take action until the Nemesis is located again... If it ever is."

I was starting to feel hopeless.