Part 7

Your POV
"And this is why I stayed out of school for as long as I could before Fowler forced me back into this miserable place." You mutter, watching with mild amusement as your English class erupts into chaos for what seemed to be the twentieth time in the seventy five minute time span that teachers typically use for instructional purposes.

"Be quiet! All of you!" The supply teacher snaps as the class continues it's rioting. "Don't make me get the Principal!"

Like that'll do anything. Tomorrow is summer vacation. I don't think even the President of the United States could calm this class.

You sigh, feeling genuinely bad for the teacher who had sat back down and buried her head in her novel once more, completely ignoring the chaos unfolding in front of her. You on the other hand had also had enough and fish your phone from your pocket, along with your earbuds, and begin to search for a suitable playlist.

Deciding on your most recently played 80's playlist, you tap the shuffle button, your phone deciding to play 'It's the End of The World As We Know It' by R.E.M.

"Suitable song." You chuckle quietly, the various noises being drowned out by your music.

"Alright! That is enough!" The supply teacher yells, slamming her book down on the desk, the class dropping into an eerie silence. "All of you need to calm down!"

Some kid in the back of the class smartly retorts, "Yeah right, Teach."

The defeated supply only sighs in frustration.

"You all have my permission to go for lunch early. There's only five minutes left of class anyway..."

Almost instantaneously, the entire class, minus you who had your head buried underneath your arms in a vain attempt to block out the remaining noise that remained audible through your music, rush to their feet and stomp out of the door and into the hallway, howling in satisfaction.

Not noticing the class' sudden absence you remain in your seat, waiting for the bell which signals the end of this education system that had managed to waste so much of your lifetime.

Finally some peace and quiet... Something isn't right here.

Your head snaps up, scanning the now empty classroom.

"Everyone just got up and left?" You muse aloud, directing your question to the woman at the front of the room who was typing away on her computer furiously.

"Yes. I told those brats that they had my permission to go for lunch five minutes early." The teacher replies, finishing with something you couldn't quite make out.

"Well then... I guess I better be going..." You mutter, packing up your stuff and making your way to the door, pausing at the front desk. "Sorry about the class."

At this, the Supply teacher raises her head and stops her typing, smiling slightly.

"It's no problem... Today was the last day of school after all."

You smile sadly, not looking forward to this years summer break.

For all I know, I could end up dead tonight with those Cons lurking around...

A chill runs down your spine as that thought crosses through your headspace.

Nothing else has happened yet...

"I never got your name, dear." The teacher says, breaking you from your worrisome thoughts.

Startled, you shake your head before answering.