6: Someday

Last Night...

"Yi Ling! Why are you sitting?  Are we not looking for fun?"  says Hue Yin who are pulling Yi Ling's arms to get up.  Yi Ling stop walking and sit on a bench when they walk thru the garden in front of the pond.  There are a lot of fireflies flying around, even though she is bit of tipsy, she can not help but to mesmerize her surroundings.  It remind her a bitter memories of her past.

"You guys go.  I''l be staying here for a bit.  Lets meet in my room later." says Yi Ling who did not even look for Hue Yin.

"Okay,  if you say so."  Hue Yin let go of her arms even though she is hesitant.  The girls leave her be as they somehow feel that Yi Ling wants to be alone.

When finally left alone, she let a deep sigh while still looking to the pond.  She remembers that day... the day she gave her heart to him.  After Carmen fulfills her promise to father, she has now have a courage to face him but fate is cruel sometimes...  

Surge of emotions coming through to her body and just like before to ease the pain she feels... she sings.

Someday you're gonna realize
One day you'll see this through my eyes
By then I won't even be there
I'll be happy somewhere even if I cared
I know you don't really see my worth
You think you're the last guy on earth
Well I've got news for you
I know that I'm not that strong
But it won't take long, won't take long

Carmen is so happy when she got him. She feels like they will really end up together and they will face any obstacle with ease.  The first few months is a bliss although they have misunderstanding from time to time it can easily be solve. Then all of sudden she notices a few changes.  Every weekend dates has been cancelled frequently. Text and calls coming from him seems to lessen each day.  She thought it is normal since his work demands more time compare to her who work freelance as a singer and model.  Carmen said to herself that since he doesn't have time she should adjust to his schedule.  She brings him bento lunch from time to time and visit him in the office for a dinner date.  At first it was okay but she started to feel that he is getting cold to her.  He also getting easily irritated to her for a slight mistake.  Deep down she feels something is going to happen but she ignore it.  She does not want to admit to herself it will end just like that.  After all that they have been through.  No!  She knows he love her.  He will never dare to leave... or could it be?  

One day she received a text coming from him...

"Carmen,  I'm sorry.  Lets break up."

That is the last text she received from him.  She tried to call the number but it never get through.  It seems like she was being black listed.  Startled by the message, she hurriedly went to his place.  She keeps knocking on his door but no one is answering.  His neighbor was surprised when she see her outside his door.  She told her that his boyfriend has been transferred to different place and she does not know where it is.  

Cause, someday someone's gonna love me
The way I wanted you to need me
Someday someone's gonna take your place
One day I'll forget about you
You'll see I won't even miss you
Someday, someday
Right now I know you can't tell
I'm down and I'm not doing well
But one day these tears, they will all run dry
I won't have to cry sweet goodbye

She wants to shout,  she wants to hurt that damn guy who broke her heart... but how can she?  He is no longer around. He was her first love.  He was her everything... but he left her without any explanation. How can she move on if the guy you only love leave you just like that.

Cause, someday someone's gonna love me
The way I wanted you to need me
Someday...

She cried... in the middle of the night she let herself loose to her feelings.

"Who dare hurt you?!"

She was stunned when she sees him beside her sitting in bench.  She does not notice his presence coming to her.

"What are you doing here Duke Grir?  It is already late, should you be in your manor already." she asked him.

"You did not answer my question.  Who hurt you?"  Duke Grir look at her grimly.  He does not want to think that there is someone in Yi Ling's heart.  

"No one.  It is late Duke Grir,  seeing you here besides me will not be good for both of our reputations."  she stood up and started to leave but stop when Duke Grir hold her hands.

"What?"  says Yi Ling.

"Forget him!  No,  You will be mine.  Starting today I will be the only one you think of."  Duke Grir told her seriously before he left her in the garden.

"Can you?" says Yi Ling to herself and she walks back into her room.

Morning came...

"Waahhh.  I'm done now!"  says Fei Hong who are still on a dilemma of what she had done last night.

"Oh Sh!t!"  says Ying Yue and Hue Yin who now realized what they do last night.

Only Yi Ling who sit seriously on her bed.  She now remembers what Duke Grir told her.  She smiled secretly to herself.  She will not let Duke Grir stole her heart easily. She decides that before he do it to her, she will stole his heart first. :)