14: Silence of the night

"He was deeply in love with my mother.  The marriage between my father and mom has been decided long ago he can't do anything about it. Until my father was sent to another kingdom for peace treaty and then missing on the way there.  When he found out, he use his position to create a false investigation that he was killed and block the information of being abducted.  He literally ruined the marriage of my parents..." he pause for a while and look at the pond.  He seem to be thinking something but in the end he let out a loud sight.

"People tend to be foolish and do wrong things when they are in love.  They forgot what is more important and do selfish intention without regarding others feeling..." Duke Grir look at Yi Ling while he pour himself a sake.

"Love is selfish.  Lets admit it at the end of the day you want yourself to be happy with the person you love.  You disregard what is right or wrong and just follow your heart.  In short you just become plain stupid when you are in love." said Yi Ling with a smirk on her face. She herself experience of doing things that never in her wildest dream will do for the person she loved.  Including begging not to leave her.

"True.  It seems you already experience it.  Do you have past lover before?" Duke Grir look at her seriously.  Yi Ling remembered that this body don't have a guy friend nor a lover.  She was well kept in their manor.

"How can it be? My parents will never let me meet a male other than our family.  I based that experienced when a found a stray cat in my courtyard.  It beg my attention for food but when the time comes when I fully cared for then suddenly it was gone and never return. " she said bitterly.

"Oh, that cat is sure lucky to get your attention and care." 

" Yes, that bastard cat let me experience being abandoned... I say I will have many cats in the future and when that cat decided to came back I will just laugh unto its face and say sorry this lady have many cats to care for.  Look for other people to fool with."  then wink at him and toss her glass.

"I think I should go back in my room. It is already late. Thank you for accompanying me tonight Duke Grir." she bow to him before leaving.

Duke Grir bow his head slightly and when she is out of her sight his smile suddenly become serious and then turn looking at the lake.  

"Find that man and investigate what really happens to her after the incident." he say while not looking at the man besides him.

"Yes master." and then he suddenly vanish.

"Sooner or later I will know all your secret." he said grimly.

Before Yi Ling open the doors to her room the other room across the garden suddenly open.

"Yi Ling where have you been." says Fei Hong while leaning onto the door.

"I was in a garden talking to Duke Grir."

Fei Hong suddenly knit her eyebrow.  "Yi Ling be careful to Duke Grir.  I don't think he is not who he is."

"I know thats why I don't believe any words coming from his mouth." she said smiling at her.

"Good.  Only five us we can rely each other." said Fei Hong.

"Five of us?  Oh yeah the author I forgot.  Don't worry about me Fei Hong.  I will never be deceived by him." she said smiling before entering her room.