10: Sleepless Night II

"His father?  Why? Is it because they have different status in a society and father engage her to another family?" says Duke Grir who have a smile on his face as if he knew it was that case.

"Of course not, silly."  only this world would do that .  Yi Ling tells to herself.

"They have the same status although Carmen knew at young age Angelo have a business of his own.  He can even raise a family if he wanted to."  says Yi Ling.

"So what is the problem with the father?  As you said Angelo is a capable man."

"That is the problem that papa... I mean her father find it trouble.  He knew Angelo is capable as a man to have a wife at a young age if he truly wants it to."  Yi Ling look at him terribly.

"Her father does not want her to marry at a young age.  He wants her to finish her study and build a career of her own.  Father knew they are not rich and the only inheritance he can left for her is education.  You know why?  Because education or knowledge is the only thing that can never be stolen.  He wants her to be independent without relying to any man.  Even if that man can support her."  Yi Ling can help but cry at the same time smile as she remember her father from previous world.

"Her father is wise.  He truly loves her daughter.  I truly admire that kind of man." say Duke Grir as he toss a cup of sake to the moon as if imagining it was her father.

"Yeah me too as I realize it later.  Carmen loves and respect her father so much so she agree on what he told her next when he knew about Angelo."  Yi Ling stops as she contemplate on what to says next.

"And what is it..." asked Duke Grir.

"To cut all communication to Angelo." she smiled bitterly.

Duke Grir is speechless when he heard it.   Some how he knew it was hard to accept for the two people who fell in love with each other to separate all of a sudden.

"I know... it kind a hard to accept right?  I mean its her first love and then she need to removed him into her life immediately."  Yi Ling pour a sake to Duke Grir's cup as she noticed his silent.

"Well the whole deal is about this.  Carmen needs to finish her studies.  While studying there should be no suitors or specifically boyfriend around.  With that condition,  she can have her parents full trust in what ever she did.  It means no curfew or questions asked on what she plans on her life.  Their only request is to finish her studies.  Her father even joked that she can marry right away after graduations."  Yi Ling smiled as she remembered her father's face when saying the marrying part.

"So what happens next?" says Duke Grir as he drink the sake that Yi Ling poured him.

"Carmen talk to Angelo the last time he called her.  She said that they need to stop their communication with each other and say goodbye to him without any explanation.  Although Angelo find it hard but what can he do if Carmen did not give him any chance to change her mind."  Yi Ling look at the moon as if pondering on it.

"Did Carmen finish her study?"  Duke Grir asked her as he notice her long silence.

"Oh Sorry,  Yes!  I finish my studies with highest honors." says Yi Ling as she forgot she is telling a fantasy story.

Duke Grir laugh while looking at her reactions.

"Did she look for him after?"  He turns his look at the cup to hide the scowls on his face.

"Actually they met thru an accident... literally." Yi Ling smiled as she said it.

"What do you mean by accident?"