11. Dinner for Too Many

"Anima, get yourself ready. We are going to have dinner at Danny's place." my mom yells from downstairs to me as I lay in my comfy bed. My eyes almost pop out of my sockets in shock and I groan. I'm not in the mood to deal with him today, I don't know if it's the hormones or what.

My dad is at work so he won't be coming with us. He talks to me now, but barely. He's still disappointed by this whole thing. April and I have gotten closer and I'm happy that we've become friends. It's nice to have a girl friend for once. I even told her about me being pregnant, but I didn't mention the father. She was surprised but told me that she would stand by me and support me no matter what. I really love that girl.

I put on a skirt and top, then I put my box braids in a high ponytail. I sigh and look at myself in the mirror. I see emptiness. I feel like happiness was just sucked out of me. When I look down at my dresser, I see a necklace that Danny gave me a while ago. He said it was to symbolize our strong friendship and love for each other. For some reason, I put it on. Even though he pretty much hates me right now, I miss him.

I look down at my hands and see the fresh scars on my wrists. I think I've become addicted to cutting. I try to stop but I just can't with all that's happening. I put on my shoes and I go downstairs.

**
"Make yourself comfortable. Your mom and I are going to make something in the kitchen." Danny's mom tells me and I smile and nod at her.

I look at the picture frames on the desk. I look up at the TV screen when I hear footsteps behind me. I turn around and my heart flutters when I see Danny. He looks at me with a shocked but cold expression and I look away. I can't even look at my best friend anymore.

He clears his throat behind me, making me turn around. He eyes my skirt and glances at my chest in my tight top. He clears his throat again.

"What are you doing here?" he asks, with a little harsh tone. He already knew we were having dinner, he's just being petty.

"Dinner." I simply say without looking at him. Before he can respond, the door opens and we both look at the door. I widen my eyes when I see the person. Lena. Why? Why? Why is she here? Of all the days to come to his house, she chooses today.

"Hey baby"she starts, before she looks at me and glares in disgust. "What is that doing here?"

I gasp at what she says, and I see Danny flinch when she says that. I'm honestly tired of her words.

"Who do you think you are?" I ask her, standing up to stare her down. Danny moves slightly between us, probably sensing a catfight.

"I'm Lena, thank you very much. I want to know why there's a slut in my boyfriend's house." she responds, and I raise my hand to slap her but Danny grabs my hand.

"Don't try it." he says to me and I raise my eyebrows at his actions. Was he defending her? I shake my head in disappointment when I notice him staring at my scars. His grip loosens on my wrist. I quickly remove my hand from his grip and look back at Lena to see her smiling.

"I would be careful if I were you. Don't wanna hurt the baby." she says with a fake smile on her face. I wasn't even surprised. She's probably the one that spread the news around town. I can't help but notice Danny's face fall into a frown.

God, please give me strength right now. I give her a fake smile and look back at Danny. He's looking down and I suck my teeth at him.

"Okay, kids, the food's ready." Danny's mom says happily, and she comes out of the kitchen with my mom. They both looked surprised when they see Lena.

"Oh, erm, Lena. When did you get here?" Danny's mom asked, her whole expressing changing.

"I invited her, mom." Danny says and I look at him in confusion and shock. Wow.

"You invited her. Really?" I ask, crossing my arms. I don't know why I asked that. It just bothered me so much that he invited her here knowing I was coming.

He ignores me and Danny's mom awkwardly smiles. My mom looks Lena up and down. She knows that we don't get along.

"I guess there's enough food. You can stay Lena." his mother says but she doesn't seem happy about it.

"Thanks, ma." Lena says, and we all walk to the table. She sits next to Danny and I can't help but frown. I always sat next to him during dinners. I sigh and sit across from him with my mom next to me.

**

After dinner, our moms go to the verandah to talk. I didn't even eat much at the dinner, I just didn't have an appetite. I didn't speak either, except when a question was directed at me.

Right now, I'm sitting in the couch and watching a movie that was on. Last time I checked, Danny and Lena said they were going to his room. His mother told him to leave his door open and she made sure it was left open. Danny made me so angry when he took Lena's side when she was insulting me. I guess our friendship might really be over.

I had to use the bathroom so I have to go to the bathroom upstairs. The one downstairs has been faulty for a while now. I go up the stairs and when I open the bathroom door, I almost faint at the sight.

Lena has her bra off and Danny has his shirt off and they're intensely making out. Danny was about to take his pants off, but when they notice the door open, they gasp and Lena quickly puts her shirt on.

I just stare at them in shock. What would they have done if I didn't walk in? I felt my heart shatter into a thousand pieces. After everything Danny and I have been through, everything we did, he does this. It's like I never even mattered to him. I feel the tears well in my eyes and I get angry at myself for crying over him. He doesn't care about me anymore, but I care so much. 

"Could you leave, we're kind of busy, right babe?" Lena states with a fake smile.

I turn to look at Danny and he just looks down at the ground. Tears start rolling down my face and Lena smiles at the sight.

"Aww, she's crying. Again. Those hormones must really be messing with you." she says and I don't even say anything.

I look at my reflection in the mirror behind them and I see Danny's necklace around my neck. I quickly rip it from my neck and I throw it on the floor in front of him. He looks at it and quickly looks up at me with widened eyes.

"W-wait-" he starts but I shake my head.

"You two deserve each other." I say with disgust and walk out.