23. Teamwork

1 week later

"Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, kids." Auntie Gifty tells us, and we all respond before getting up from our seats.

Sunday school today went by quickly and I was ready to take a nap. April avoided us as usual and Tyler didn't even show up today. Lena kept giving me glances but would look away every time I caught her looking. Danny kept holding onto my hand and it honestly made me feel so relaxed and calm. I could hold onto him all day.

As Danny and I exit through the gate, we see April standing near the exit on her phone. Danny nudges me and tells me to talk to her. I sigh nervously and walk up to her.

"Hey April." I say, making her turn around quickly in shock.

She frowns when she sees it's me and she starts to walk away. Danny quickly grabs her elbow and she looks at him. He lets go and I look at her with a frown.

"April, please talk to me. I miss my best friend. I'll get on my knees and beg if I have to."

She sighs and crosses her arms.

"No, don't do that." she tells me quietly and I widen my eyes at the fact that she's actually talking to me.

After a few seconds of silence, she quietly speaks.

"Why didn't you tell me about it? Why did you allow me to get into a relationship with him?" she asks me and I can hear the hurt in her voice.

"I was ashamed of myself, I was too embarrassed to tell you about it. And I knew you liked him so I didn't want that to change your feelings." I tell her.

"Anima, you should have talked to me. He's the one to that should be embarrassed, not you. Nobody even told me a word about this. That really hurt." she tells me with a sad voice.

"We're so sorry. We should've at least warned you before you got into a relationship with him. Can you please forgive us?" Danny says with a frown and I nod in agreement.

She looks down at the ground and rocks on her feet in thought. I feel so bad for hurting her like that. I should've told her. She's my best friend.

"Come on, I miss my sass master." Danny says, trying to lighten the mood.

"Me too." I tell her with a hopeful smile.

She looks up at us and hesitantly smiles. She walks up to us and opens her arms to hug the both of us tightly. I smile widely and hug her back. When she pulls away, she hits Danny.

"Ow! Why?" he exclaims, pretending to be hurt.

"I told you to stop calling me that."

I giggle at them.

"Anyway, April, we need to talk. Promise not to hit me after." he says to her and I scrunch my eyes in confusion at what he needs to tell her.

"No promises, but go ahead."

"Um, I think that maybe... you might want to think about getting back together with Tyler." he says nervously and immediately hides his face in fear of April hitting him.

We both widen our eyes at him. Danny doing a favor for Tyler? What a miracle!

"Absolutely not. Don't you hate him anyway?" April states.

"That's besides the point. I think you should give him another chance." Danny continues.

"I don't wanna be with someone who would do that to another person especially my friend." April says , with a frown.

"I understand April. But, look me in the eyes and tell me you have no feelings for him at all." Danny tells her.

She looks away and scratches her head. I smile at her nervous mannerisms.