14. Doctor

It's been another month since Danny and I saw each other. I don't know how to feel anymore. One part of me wants to hate him and keep him away from me. Another part wants to hold him and kiss him and tell him how much I miss him. But, I can't.

I'm now three months pregnant and my tiny belly bump has become more visible and has become a bit bigger. My breasts are swelling up, which is so uncomfortable but I can't do anything about it.

My mom decided that I should get a check up from the doctor and get my first ultrasound. I was both nervous and excited. Nervous because a random doctor would be rubbing my belly and probably secretly judging me for being pregnant so young. But excited because I would be able to see the life growing inside of me.

As my mom and I drive in comfortable silence to the doctor's office, I think about Tyler. If he is the father, would I need to tell him I am getting an ultrasound? Would he want to come and check for himself as well? Would I need to tell Danny too since there could also be a chance that the baby is his? All my thoughts are broken when I hear my mom speak.

"Do you want us to take Danny too? Don't you think he'd want to see the ultrasound too?" my mom asks, still convinced that Danny is 100% the father. 

I frown and quickly shake my head.

"No, uh, let's just go. I'll take him to the next one." I lie, knowing that he wants nothing to do with me anymore.

My mom sucks her teeth.

"I knew you'd say that which is why we're stopping at his house anyway." my mom states and I gasp. I didn't even notice that she was taking me to his house.

"Mom, no. Let's just go by ourselves. Please." I plead, but to no avail. She gets out of the car, pulling me out as well and she knocks on their gate.

I feel my heart beat fast as I think of how Danny would react. He definitely hates me after what I said to him that other night. I feel so bad about what I said. I'm so stupid.

The gate opens and Danny stands there, dressed casually but it looked like he was going out. When he sees us, he looks shocked and his eyebrows are raised in surprise.

"Ma. Good morning." he says politely, but still with confusion laced in his voice.

"Good morning, my son. How is everything?" she asks him while I stand there awkwardly.

"Everything is fine. Did you need something, Ma?" he asks her, making sure to avoid eye contact with me. I frown to myself.

"Yes. Um, you already know about Anima's pregnancy. Today is her first ultrasound and I thought she would be less nervous with you there." my mom says with a big smile on her face. I feel so awkward right now.

Danny raises his eyebrows and makes an 'o' shape with his mouth. He finally glances at me but quickly looks back at my mother when I make eye contact with him.

"Well, uh, good luck but I can't go." he says to my mother nervously and her face drops. I look down at the ground. This is my fault.

"Oh, why not? Don't you want to see your child?" my mom asks, and I widen my eyes in shock. Danny's eyes become huge and I feel my face heat up in embarrassment. 

Danny opens his mouth to say something when a voice stops him.

"Babe, let's go to the mall. I'm bored." the voice whines, and Lena's face comes into view. She stands next to him, interlocking her arm with his. She glares when she sees me.

"What are you doing here?" she asks me but I ignore her. 

Babe? I thought he said they broke up. Did he lie to me?