21. The Truth

1 month later

"Babe, why do you wanna go to his concert so badly?" Danny asks me, playing with my hair while I lay on his chest on my bed.

I sit up and give him a shocked look.

"Because King Promise is awesome. He has a great voice and I'm obsessed with his songs. He's cute too. Duh."

"Eii, Ohemaa (Queen), you're breaking my heart." he says, putting a hand to his chest.

"Won't you take me to his concert?" I ask him, with a pout.

"No because you said he's cute."

I shrug at him.

"I'm not taking it back." I tell him and he scoffs.

"Fine, I'll just find one of MzVee's concerts to go to. She has a great voice and a great body." he says and I gasp at his statement.

I jump on him carefully and glare at him.

"Take it back." I threaten and he narrows his eyes at me.

"No." he says with a smirk.

I scrunch up my face and start to fake cry. I sniffle and make crying noises, even pretending to wipe tears away.

"I-I was just joking, you know that. I didn't mean it." he says, trying to give me a hug.

I pull away and cover my face.

"I'm sorry, I take it back." he says again and I start to feel bad for him.

I uncover my face and look at him with a wide smile.

"So, will you take me to the concert?" I ask him and he groans in annoyance.

"You're so mean. I thought you were actually upset." he tells me, while I laugh in his face.

He quickly grabs me and puts me on the bed while he carefully hovers over me.

"That was not nice." he says with a smirk on his face.

"What are you gonna do about it?"

He smiles sweetly and I gasp.

"No, don't." I warn him but it's too late.

He starts attacking me with tickles and I uncontrollably laugh at each place he pokes me. He seems to be enjoying making me suffer.

"S-stop!"

I try to push him off me but it's no use. I keep laughing and he starts laughing too.

"I t-take it back. You're w-way cuter." I tell him, which causes him to stop.

I lay there with him hovering over me.

"You're still taking me to the concert. You owe me for making me suffer just now." I tell him.

He leans in and smiles.

"Anything for you."

He connects his lips with mine and his lips brush against mine when we hear the bell of my gate ring. Since my gateman is visiting his family and my parents are at work again, we have to open the gate.

Danny curses and pulls away from me. He helps me out of the bed and we go downstairs together. We step outside and go to the gate. When Danny looks through the gate, he rolls his eyes in anger and turns around.

"It's my dear friend April but her little boyfriend is with her." Danny says to me and I roll my eyes playfully at him.

Danny opens the gate for me because it's actually getting harder to move around and do things now.