24. KP Concert

*1 month later*

"Danny, hurry up please!" I exclaim through from the passenger seat of his car.

Danny finally agreed to take me to the King Promise concert and I was so ecstatic. Of course I quickly got ready, but Danny wants to take his sweet time getting ready for one concert. I invited April and Tyler but they already had plans for today. They're so in love and I'm so happy for them. Things have been great between them, and surprisingly Danny and Tyler are actually becoming friends.

He finally comes out after a decade and I feel my breath hitch in my throat. He looked so handsome. So freaking handsome. He was wearing a simple black shirt that showed an outline of his toned abdomen and some shorts. It was simple but he managed to look amazing. Wow, I can't believe he's mine.

I quickly hide my blush when he gets into the car and I clear my throat, causing him to look at me.

"What took you so long?" I question him, trying to hide the fact that I was just intensely checking him out.

"Well you're obsessed with King Promise, so if I'm taking you to his concert, I have to make sure I at least look decent so I don't lose my girl tonight." he tells me with a smirk on his face.

I pretend to scan him over with a judgmental face.

"You should've tried harder because once he starts singing, I'll be wrapped around his finger." I tease him with a cheesy smile.

He widens his eyes and takes the key out of the car.

"We're definitely not going now." he says, and I gasp.

I quickly grab his arm and caress his cheek. He keeps a straight face on while I play with his hair.

"Babe, I was just joking." I tell him with a calm voice.

He shakes his head with a frown.

"No, I'm not risking it. I'm not going to compete with anyone over you."

"Danny, he's a singer. It's never going to happen. I'm sorry I said that."

He shakes his head, turning to me.

"It's not about him, okay?" he exclaims and I flinch in shock.

"What's wrong?" I quietly ask him, grabbing his hand.

He sighs and plays with my fingers.

"I-I'm scared you'll find someone better than me."

I frown and look up at him.

"Why would you ever think that?" I ask him.

He scoffs.

"Why wouldn't I? You're a beautiful girl, you could have any other guy in this world yet you're with me. There are better guys out there with more money, better looks, great voices. There are guys out there that wouldn't hurt you and can take better care of you, Anima. I-" he tells me but I cut him off by placing a kiss on his lips.

He kisses back and I hold the kiss for a few seconds until I slowly pull away. I gently pull his face towards me.

"There is only one guy I know that I'm madly in love with. He takes good care of his girl, has a kind heart, has an awesome body, a flawless face, and manages to take my breath away every time I see him. You. I only want you, Danny."

He grabs my hand and kisses my hand softly.

"I love you so much, Anima Hayford."

I smile and feel butterflies in my stomach again.

"Hey, we don't have to go to the concert. We can stay here." I tell him sincerely. Even though I am obsessed with KP's songs, I would never want to make Danny feel uncomfortable or sad.

He quickly shakes his head.

"No, I promised you we were going. I know how much you want to go and I can't lie, the guy can sing." he tells me with a smile.

"Thank you." I gratefully say.

"Anything for you." he says, starting the car.

*  *  *

"Everyone put your hands up for King Promise! " the woman says into the microphone and the crowd erupts into loud applause.

I cheer and clap as he comes onto the stage. Danny claps as well as we stand up from our seats in the front row. He got us front row tickets even though I told him the middle or the back would have been fine because they were less expensive. I'm so in love with him.

"How is everyone feeling tonight?" Promise asks the crowd and we all cheer with happiness.

"Tonight is for you guys, so yell out what song you guys want to hear first! " he says and I perk up.

The crowd starts yelling a mixture of song names and I join in.

"Selfish!" I yell out like a crazy person and since I'm right in front of him, he turns to look at me.

"I think this pretty girl in the front wants to hear Selfish. What's your name?" he asks me and I almost faint. Oh my gosh. King Promise is talking to me.

I almost forget to answer him when Danny nudges me. Promise puts the microphone near my mouth and I excitedly speak.

"Anima." I say with a big smile.

"Pretty name. This one's for Anima. Congratulations by the way." he says to the crowd, pointing to my baby bump. I hear applause behind me and I blush.

We all cheer as the music starts and I'm still in awe. So this is what being starstruck feels like. He starts to sing and I cheer harder. Selfish is a love song and I love listening to it. He allows us to sing some parts of the song and I belt out some of the lyrics. When he sings the slower verse, I look at my love, who is watching the performance. I grab his face and connect my lips with his. He immediately reacts and holds my waist in his arms as he kisses back. I almost forget that we're in public until I hear applause after the song is over. I pull away from Danny and he wraps his arm around me as I lean into his chest.

"What was that for?" he asks me and I shrug.

"For being you. I'd never trade you for anyone else." I tell him.

"Not even King Promise?" he asks playfully.

I giggle.

"No, he's not Danny Forson."

Danny kisses my cheek softly.

"How did I get so lucky?" he asks with a smile and I smile widely at him.