29. Say You Love Me

1 year later

"Anima, hold still. I'm almost done." April says, as she plucks my eyebrows. I sigh and sit uncomfortably in my robe.

Today is the day I am marrying my soulmate. It's been a year of marriage preparation, counseling from church, advice from family members, and planning but it was all worth it. Danny is going to be mine forever and I couldn't be happier.

Keziah is a year and some months old now, but she is still as adorable as ever. She walks now but she still cannot talk properly. She just laughs and squeals but her words don't come together yet. Just like Danny predicted, she's a Daddy's girl. She looks more like him now and they're always playing together. Seeing them together melts my heart.

"Are you done?" I ask April for the millionth time.

She rolls her eyes, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. Her hair was straightened to frame her face, and she looked so pretty in her pink, illusion neckline dress. She's one of my bridesmaids, along with Lena and Ama. The color they all agreed on light pink but they never showed me the dresses until today.

"Girl, I have the rest of your face and your hair to do. This is your day and I'm gonna make sure you look bomb."

I sigh at my own impatience and play with the necklace Danny gave me. The door opens and I carefully look over to see Lena at the door. She smiles at us and April tells her to come in. She walks in and my mouth drops open. She looks amazing in her pink cocktail dress, and her hair is styled in an elegant ponytail.

"Damn, you girls just look amazing. I have the prettiest besties ever." I exclaim with a huge smile on my face.

After a whole year with Lena, we've gotten closer to her and she actually has changed. Well, she still has the mean girl attitude when she needs it but she's been such a good person to us. Danny even approves of her now and she also loves playing with Keziah.

"Thanks girl, but can you stop talking so we can showcase your beauty too?" April says and I pout.

"I got her hair. You can just focus on the makeup, April." she announces, before walking over to me and putting her hands in my hair.

"Thanks boo, this girl whines too much, just to warn you." April tells her and Lena giggles.

"Um, I'm right here." I say, rolling my eyes.

"And we are here to make you look fabulous, so hush." Lena says and I pout at the both of them.

"What style are you going to do?" I ask her and she smiles.

"An elegant, low bun. It will frame your pretty face." 

I clap excitedly.

***

I look in the mirror and let out a huge breath. I fan my face, feeling a wave of heat overcome me. My heart thumps loudly, as if it's trying to break out of my chest. I scan my face again and exhale. The gold eyeshadow compliments my white, mermaid lace gown beautifully, and my lips are coated in glossy gloss. April did an amazing job and so did Lena, with my gorgeous bun and some strands of hair in front of my face to frame it.

I gasp. What if Danny doesn't like the gold eyeshadow? What if he prefers lipstick to lip gloss? What if he doesn't like my hair? I grip the corners of the desk and breathe in deeply. I feel like I am about to pass out.

Why am I so nervous? I'm just about to marry the love of my life. My best friend, who I'm going to be with for the rest of my life. No big deal.

"Love, are you okay?" a soft voice asks from behind me.