25. Welcome Back

1 month

"Seriously, I think she's more excited to see you than me." Danny tells me as we sit on his verandah. I giggle as he fakes a pout.

Today, Danny's older sister, Ama, is coming back from America to visit. She's been there for almost a year for a fashion designing program because she wants to be a fashion designer. Ama and Danny are close, and because of that, we're good friends. When we were younger, she always joked about Danny and I falling in love and becoming a couple. Guess she was right.

"Aw, don't be jealous. I'm sure Ama is excited to see you." I tell him as he continues to pout.

"Whatever." he says, before pulling out his phone to glance at it. He puts it back and smiles at me.

He's been checking his phone continuously since I got here. I trust him, but it's still weird because we both barely use our phones. I ignore it and smile back.

"Does she know? About this." I say, gesturing to my baby bump.

"My parents are bringing her, I don't know if they'll tell her." he says with a shrug.

"Do you think she'll be mad?" I ask him, causing him to grab my hand soothingly.

"No, of course not. She's always wanted us to be together." he says, and I nod.

We hear a car honk at the gate and I start to get nervous. What if Ama dislikes me because I made her brother a father so young? I don't want to cause any problems.

The gateman opens the gate and Danny's father's car enters. I see his mom and dad in the front with big smiles on their face, and Ama in the back seat with a wide smile as well.

They open the door for her and she jumps out excitedly.

"I'm back!" she exclaims, running towards us. Danny stands up and gives her a hug.

"I don't know why you keep getting taller. If you think you're grown now, you're wrong." she teases, pinching Danny's cheek. He swats her hand away and frowns, causing me to giggle.

Ama looks at me and jumps.

"Anima! I've missed you. Give me a hug." she tells me and I gulp.

Danny helps me up and holds me as I balance myself. Her eyes bulge out and she gasps.

"Um, I think you've gained a few pounds, girl." she slowly says, trying to deny what she was seeing.

"Surprise." I quietly say with a smile on my face.

She stares at me with a blank face. Their parents watch the whole thing unfold. Danny squeezes my shoulders. Ama looks at Danny and crosses her arms.

"Eii, Danny. I leave for less than a year and you get your best friend pregnant." she questions with humor in her voice.

Everyone sighs in relief as she gives Danny a high five.

"Congrats, sweetie. I knew you guys would realize you're in love." she tells me, before giving me a soft embrace. I hug her back with a smile.

"Anima, how are you? I haven't been able to check on you." Danny's dad asks me. His dad is nice.

"Da, I'm fine." I say with a smile, giving him a hug as well.

"I'm going to make some food for Ama, should I leave you some?" his mother asks me.

"No, thank you ma." I tell her politely and she frowns but nods.

"Anima and I are going to watch a movie upstairs." Danny announces and I raise my eyebrows at him. We were?

"Don't you wanna hang out with your sister?" his father asks him.