"He's a boy!"

--Y/n perspective--

"And then the very next day -- I got a haircut," R/n concluded, and I felt a wave of emotions hit me.

Did she just make me her bitch? She deceived me, and thought she could get away with it?

I wanted to break R/n nose so bad, but I remembered an idols face is their money. Plus there were surveillance cameras EVERYWHERE! I wouldn't be able to get my fist close enough to her face without a guard attacking me.

So I stayed silent and tried to cleanse the rage building up in me by--

"You looked pretty shaken up about it, so I thought to pretend would help you," she told me, and suddenly all the rage I had disappeared. Why would she care about me?

"UGH R/n you empty minded--" I started to say, "Chicken nugget!" R/n finished, and we both stared at each other and laughed.

I suddenly felt like I traveled to a time before the underground fighting, hating R/n, and then I realized it was back to the times when the master was alive. The carefree days were I smiled more, laughed more, to a time where I truly was Y/n.

But I can't go back to the days where I lived without a care in the world and smiled til my cheeks hurt. I had to grow up. Face reality. Cruel reality.

"Oh, Jeno! This is Y/n he's going to be the newest NCT member!" R/n smiled breaking me from my thoughts. Did I turn to look at the boy Jeno? I think she said, and the boy looked at me and I could've sworn it was jealousy. Don't tell me--

"Hello Y/n, I'm Jeno it's a pleasure to meet you," Jeno said holding his hand out for a shake, oh god if he squeezes my-- HE DID IT! If I wasn't so used to the feeling of my knuckles being popped out of place his 'handshake' or should I say 'deathshake' would've destroyed my hand. BUT I'm a bad bitch you can't kill me!

"Same here J can you let go of my hand now?" I asked tsk such a prick I'm older than this kid too! He let go of my hand before turning to R/n with an innocent smile, "Well this is great R/n! Everyone is coming back from promotion, so that means the both of you will be able to meet all the members!" he chirped, god this kid was annoying! A lovesick puppy and R/n didn't even give him any time of day... Sadness

"Omo, are you serious? I'm excited I've only met them through video call this is so exciting!" R/n smiled, and I smiled at her reaction. She so cute~~ "Isn't this cool Y/n?" she asked, and I nodded my head in response.

I swore that little boy gave me a glare for smiling at R/n. Oh god will I really be able to do this?

He looked down at his watch, and said "Oh shoot! got a meeting with SM-nim, I've got to go now see you around R/n" not even acknowledging my existence he stalked away.

After the little J left it was just R/n and I and we roamed the building and talking about any and everything. We had only seen each other while fighting, and there was no time to talk when we were bashing each other's face in.

"So they all know you're a girl straight up?" I asked for the hundredth time, and R/n groaned "Yes, Y/n they all know! They've accepted me, and they'll accept you too! Boy or--," she looked around and got closer to whisper, "Girl."

I smiled at how kind R/n was still despite our past, we managed to walk a different path instead of walking over the dead body that separated us. "I hope so," I whispered to myself

Looking toward a brighter day than the memory that hunted us.

--a couple of hours later--