The Decision

--Y/n's perspective--

After all the members introduced themselves R/n and I suddenly felt like we were really in over their heads with this NCT idea. How were we supposed to stand out in a group that had over twenty members?!? R/n could barely count to twenty, and I couldn't even do basic math! We were truly scared of what the future had in store for us.

"We all know R/n, " said Taeyong? I think, and he turned toward me along with the rest of the members. Didn't I already introduce myself? Yeah, but that was with the little teen boys. Oh yeah! You replied to yourself.

They all turned their cute faces towards me anticipating an amazing greeting, but if I was being honest I'm not the same social butterfly I was ten years ago.

But as they say 'fake it til ya make it'.

"Hello everyone my name is Y/n I'm new to this type of environment, so please be patient with me." I said with a bow, and Chenle pouted, "You already said that Y/n! Tell us more about you." he whined.

Oh my god, this annoying kid! I just wanted to live a low profile so I could escape the poverty I face every single day!

"Huh? Urm... well I'm twenty years old, uh R/n and I are childhood friends--"

"C-childhood friends?!" one of them interrupted, eyes wide.

"Um... yeah?" I answered.

"Interesting.." they replied.

"YEAH! Y/n and I go wayyy back like wayyy back! We've been best friends since I forgot how long ago because we had this falling out, and hated each other for a while... THEN we got into under--" she tried to explain, but I elbowed her in the side, "Uh we had a falling out and stopped talking for a few years, and then we met again while she was with Mister SM."

Some of them seemed shocked that I just hit a girl, but I am a girl. Then I remembered I'm a boy, and they know R/n is a girl. Oh shit!

"Y-yeah we use to be inseparable, but time does things to people... I haven't seen Y/n in years only here, and there so we are just as much of strangers as he is to you," she told them, ouch that's gonna hurt.

They all seemed very confused with our relationship, but one thing was for sure that Jeno kid wanted to kill me for elbowing his 'future wife'. NOT A CHANCE LOVER BOY!

"Wow! That's wild that R/n and Y/n even know each other, honestly, I wasn't expecting that. Haha, but you do know R/n secret don't you?" Tayong I think asked trying to make the air less tense between us.

What secret? She has many.

"What secret?" I asked, and I saw her facepalm in the background.

"Erm nevermind Y/n it was nice to meet you though I hope for good things in the future!" he exclaimed, and I smiled, "Me too Taeyong."

After I said that he immediately turned around, and I swore for the tiniest millisecond I could've seen blush dust his face. Probably because of R/n, she has all of them whipped!

"O-okay! Why don't we show Y/n and R/n to the practice room for trainees?" Taeyong asked, and they all smiled before agreeing.

They took us to a practice room with other trainees I think they were only eight other trainees besides us, and some people who were probably in charge of the trainees. They were all sweaty, and tired. Did I really sign up for this?

"WOAH R/n you bring some fresh meat?" one of the trainees asked, she was a girl, and she was beautiful! Her hair was shiny and went down to her shoulders, and her almond eyes stood out. Was she a foreigner?

"YEP! This is my buddy Y/n. He's super cool!" she said as she put an arm around my shoulder.

Her eyes widen when she took a good look at me. She sashayed toward me with a weird look in her eye that seemed to make Taeyong more uncomfortable then I.

"Y/n wasn't it? My name is Nova, but you can call me anytime." she winked, and I laughed.

She seemed very funny, and I wanted to be her friend, "Sure we can hang out sometime." I told her, and she blushed uncontrollably not being able to form a sentence. I just wanted to hang out why was she acting like she just won the lottery?

"AHEM! Trainees only debuted idols please leave, and Y/n no dating between trainees." the instructor said. Dating? I just wanted to make friends.

"Sorry Ms. Kim, this place just brings us back!" Lucus, I think, exclaimed.

She rolls her eyes. "Yeah yeah just leave. I finally got to get rid of you kids." she joked, and they all gasped before filing out leaving just me and R/n.

Suddenly I realize there was no going back I have signed the contract with the intent of becoming an idol. My life was now tied to this place, and I wouldn't be able to leave until my contract expires!

"Hey, everything is going to be okay." R/n whispered, "We are going to debut, and make master sensei proud!"

I could only smile, and pretend I wasn't having a whole ass mental breakdown.

"Yeah we will make master sensei proud," I whispered back, for the sake of our broken friendship I wanted to repair.

"Listen up Y/n. I tell everyone this same speech if you're going to half-ass, leave, and never come back. I only train people who deserve this spot. Who is willing to be the best person they can be! I don't want you to come in thinking you can joke around. THIS IS REAL. you need to be ready to be in pain and cry. Boohoo, you signed up for this life, now you must live it." Ms. Kim asserted, "If you aren't going to put your one hundred, leave. But if you are, then stay."

Did I really want to stay?

Did I just do this because I wanted to live?

What did I really want?

I wanted to live.

I wanted to escape.

Maybe this could be my escape.

I hated living a life where I could only fend for myself with my fists, but could I really leave it? I don't know what the future holds, but I didn't want to see myself in that stupid, abandon ring fighting cocky idiot. Fighting just to see whose dick was bigger, and mine, if I was being honest mine, was the biggest.

I didn't want that life anymore, I wanted a life! A life I could look forward to living and maybe, just maybe, this was my chance.

God, please give me a chance to live.

"I want to stay."

읽어 주셔서 감사합니다