FOURTEEN part 2

Derek played with Stiles' hand as they waited for Stiles' parents to come. He carresed his wrist slowly, his eyes almost closing from the lack of sleep. But they opened wide as he saw thin scars on Stiles' wrist. He looked at them, horrified. No way Stiles is hurting himself. Not this Stiles, not his Stiles. He turned his look to Stiles' eye, still holding his wrist. Stiles' eyes drifted towards him as he felt a bit pressure on his wrist. He panicked by the look on Derek's face.

"What?"

Derek's look traveled between Stiles' face and his wrist.
Stiles realised what happened, and he felt like he was going to have a panic attack until his parents rushed into the clinic.

"Baby! Thank god you are okay!" Castiel said and ran to hug Stiles.

"What the hell happened?!" Dean yelled while running towards Stiles too.

"Dads I'm.. okay I.. it's.. well.." Stiles tried talking but then he started crying again.

"He was raped." Deaton said sadly. "He had a lot of injuries but he's really strong. He and the baby will be just fine."

Dean and Cas gasped. They were so shocked they didn't know what to say.

"Oh honey.." Cas said. Dean started crying. Scott tried to calm them down, but there was no use.

"I... why did you have to get out of the house?! I shouldn't have let you do it I.. " Dean started.

"You didn't know. Okay dad? You were asleep. Don't even try to blame yourself. I'm okay now. That's what matters."

"You're right. You're right." Dean said and hugged Stiles. "I'm sorry."

Cas looked at Stiles, hooked up to so many machines, and he thought what happened to him. He started crying like he never did before. Stiles looked at him and tears streamed down his face too. Dean hugged Cas right away, which made him cried harder. "My poor baby..." he said.

"Scott, maybe you should take them home.." Stiles said.

"Yeah.. Scott agreed and took them with Isaac, who's just arrived.

Stiles stayed alone with Derek.
Deaton continued working and told them to inform him if something's wrong.

And then, when they were all alone, Stiles let himself burst into tears.

"Hey, hey, it's okay.." Derek got closer to Stiles, calming him down, as he himself had tears in his eyes.

"It was terrible, Derek. I never imagined something like that would happen to me..." Stiles was breathing heavily. Derek knew it was the beginning of a panic attack, so he grabbed both of Stiles' cheeks.

"Hey, look at me. Look at me!" He said. Stiles shook his head.

"How could someone be so cruel? I'm... I'm pregnant and he didn't care." Stiles grew more anxious and breathed faster and faster. "He could have killed an unborn baby and he wouldn't care, I'm so stupid for doing this, I shouldn't have left the house ,I..-"

Derek kissed Stiles.
He stayed attached to his lips for a good 20 seconds before he disconnected their mouths.

"It's not your fault. There are some really bad people in this world, but you're safe now. You're safe here, with me. I shouldn't have let you leave the house yesterday. I could have stayed with you on the phone until you fell asleep, I could have come over or something, but I didn't. And I'm so sorry for that, Stiles, I really am. But I promise that from now on, I won't leave your side. I promise I will keep you and our baby safe, I promise."

"No, no.. you can't do that.. we can't be so close to each other..  Derek.."

"Shhh. It's okay. I wanna do it. I care about you and about our baby. I know it's hard Stiles, and I know sometimes life knocks you out in ways that keep you on the ground and maybe even underneath it. But I'll be here for you to lift you up. I know you can do this. We'll get through this together."

"Why did you kiss me? " was all Stiles could get out of his mouth.

"I.. I read once that holding your breath could stop a panic attack. So.. when I kissed you, you.. held your breath."

"Thank you."

Derek got closer to Stiles once again. He almost kissed when Stiles stopped him.

"Derek, stop."

"Oh you.. you don't want to?.." Derek asked, disappointed.

"No, no, it's not like that, it's just -"

"It's okay Stiles."

"Derek, it's Jade, she-"

"You're right. I have a girlfriend. I shouldn't be doing this."

"Umm.. yeah."

Deaton came into the room with some files In his hands.

"Stiles, by the looks of it, you're gonna have to stay here for a few more days, until you get better. I'll talk to Melissa, maybe she can be with you when I can't."

"Okay. Thanks, Deaton. For everything."

Deaton nodded and left, leaving Derek and Stiles alone once again.

"How'd you even find me?"

"Ha? Oh, I.. went for a run that morning and smelt your blood. I followed the scent until I found you, lying on the ground, unconscious."

"Thank you. For everything."

"Thank you for staying alive." Derek said, looking at Stiles' wrist.
Stiles knew he didn't mean just the rape. Derek understood him somehow. He's the only one who did in a while..