SIXTEEN

Derek has been staying at Stiles' place for a few weeks, only leaving sometimes to grab clothes and stuff from his loft. Stiles' dads were thrilled, knowing they can stay calm when they left the house for work or errands. Derek became a big part of their lives, being there for not only Stiles, but his parents too.

Stiles wasn't so happy about it. He liked Derek's company, of course, but he was worried about Jade and what she said to him. She's been sending him messages, threatening she would do something to his baby if stayed so close to Derek. He managed to make Derek meet her only twice during this past weeks, and he decided to try and do something about it. But Derek was a little disappointed.

"I don't understand.." Derek said when Stiles asked him to go back to his house.

"I think it would be for the best that way." Stiles answered.

"What? Why? Did I do something wrong?"

"Derek, you did nothing wrong, you've been so nice to me and my parents, which was even surprising, but it's too much, really. You should go back home and have your own life and sleep on your own bed instead of a couch and be with your girlfriend, not me."

"You don't like me being here?" Derek asked, sadly.

"Of course I do." Stiles answered sincerely. "But it isn't about me now, it's about you. You don't have to throw away your private life just because we're having a baby. I'll be okay if you'd sleep at home and come visit once in a while. You don't have to be with me all the time." Stiles bit his lip, hoping Derek would agree. He was so anxious about Jade.

"I don't know Stiles..." Derek started but stopped when he saw Stiles closing his eyes shut, biting his lips and holding his stomach. He took Stiles' hand in his, rubbing his back. Stiles tried to hide it, but it was too painful, and an "ouch" slipped out.

"Breathe, Stiles, breathe. " he said and showed him how to breathe slowly. Stiles took some deep breaths until the pain passed and he calmed down.

"You see?" Derek said, still rubbing Stiles' back. "These won't stop. I need to stay here with you."

Stiles was getting a little impatient as Derek was so stubborn and wouldn't listen to him.

"And how does it help me that you're here?! You can't take my pain away anyway!" He said, intimidating Derek a little bit. "Derek, I have my parents with me. I have Scott, Isaac, Lydia, Allison, even Jackson. I'm not alone. You not being here won't change anything, it's just gonna give you a little time for your own. Spend it with your girlfriend, she probably misses you a lot."

"None of your friends can help you the way I could, the way I'd like to."

"Derek..."

"No, I can't leave you, I just can't. "

"Yeah. Continue wasting your time on a teenage pregnant boy you hated no long ago instead spending it with your girlfriend. Continue staying awake at night, watching me sleep just because of my stupid nightmares. You'll end up doing harm to the baby instead of helping us.."

"What? What do you mean by that? And why do you keep bringing up Jade? Aren't you jealous of her?" Derek stood up for the first time in the conversation.

"Why would I be jealous of her?" Stiles asked.

"Oh come on, Stiles,  do you think I'm stupid?"

"I'm just saying, she must be really pissed that you're with me and not her.."

"I think she'll live, Stiles. We're having a baby."

"Derek, just go! Okay? Why are you so fricking stubborn about this? " Stiles stood up too. "You know what? This is my house, and you can't stay any longer. Pack your stuff and go! I'll be fine on my own! How many times do I have to tell you that?! This conversation is going no where!"

Derek was taken aback by Stiles' words. He nodded slowly and looked aside when he said "If you claim to be so fine.. why are you still harming yourself?" He looked at Stiles when he finished his sentence.

"Derek... " Stiles said after a while, his voice cracked and a tear streaming down his cheek.

"Just say you don't want me here and I'll go." Dere said.

"It's not that.." Stiles cried.

"Then what is it? You can't even tell me why you want me to leave?"

"I can't.." Stiles simply said. Derek nodded and started grabbing random things be knew was his around Stiles' room. "Der..." Stiles shook his head.

"I'll come by tomorrow to take the rest of my stuff. Tell your parents thank you for me." He said and left the room, leaving Stiles alone. He didn't think this would be so hard..

He cried himself to sleep that night. Ending up sleeping for 16 hours straight, thankfully avoiding Derek grabbing his things the next morning.

When he woke up, he checked his phone, finding a lot of missed calls and messages, one of them from Jade.

'Good call, kid. I'm watching you.'

He sighed and went downstairs to drink something. His parents sat in the living room, watching TV and cuddling.

"Hey baby, why did you sleep for so long?" Castiel asked.

"And where is Derek?" Dean added. "He wasn't here all day.."

Stiles started crying again and walked towards the couch.

"Oh honey.. come here. " Cas said as he made room for Stiles between him and his husband. Stiles sat between them and they hugged him quietly.

"Can we watch Shameless?" Stiles asked, making his dads chuckle.

"Sure." Dean said and took the remote.

"I'll make us some snacks. " Cas suggested and walked towards the kitchen.

This is gonna be hard...

Shitty chapter, I know. But this needed to happen, and I had to update because you guys have to wait so long all the time. This is the hardest time at school, but I owe it to you guys, so I'll try updating more often.
Another thing, I'm a little disappointed with the amount of readers, votes and comments.. I know it's my fault, but I would really appreciate if you guys would vote and comment more, tell me what you think. Tell friends about this book, it's really important to me :)

Thank you for your support, and I hope you'll enjoy the rest of this story. ♡