TWENTY

It wasn't the back pain, the swollen feet, the weight gain, hell, even the supernatural-weird-pains didn't bother him as much anymore, but what was unbearable, were the mood swings. If there was something Stiles hated, was not being able to control his emotions, and right now, he felt like his emotions weren't his anymore. He didn't know when what he felt was real, or just an exaggeration of his hormones. Either way, he was so done with himself.

He went to his check-up alone, not bothering to tell anyone or ask anyone to go with him. He wasn't able to hide his belly anymore, being 7 and a half months along, so check-ups and appointments were done at Deaton's, Melissa coming there most of the time. So he drove there in his jeep, trying to get the most of it until he couldn't anymore.

What he didn't expect, was to see Derek at Deaton's, waiting. The man who didn't want anything to do with Stiles, but yet had to do everything with him. Stiles inhaled deeply and greeted Deaton and Melissa, not even trying to greet Derek.

He did the usual measuring and stuff, not talking a lot, and then Melissa asked him to lay down on the metal bed, and put his legs on the stirrups so she could check on the baby.

What Stiles didn't know, or didn't think about when Melissa did what she did, was that he was almost naked for Derek and Melissa to see. And he certainly was too caught up with Melissa putting things inside of him to notice Derek was staring at his thighs.

The check up was over. Stiles got dressed quickly and headed out, not before he stopped near Derek to say "thanks for the books. I loved them."
Derek only nodded, but even if he wanted to reply, Stiles didn't let him and left.

"Derek." Melissa stopped him before he left as well.

"Yes?" He said.

"I'm worried about him." She said.

Derek closed his eyes and dropped his head down. "Me too."

"Derek, Stiles is like a son to me. But I know it's not my place to say anything, especially in those kinds of cases, but I'm scared this will go too far.."

Derek put a hand on his mouth, trying to stop the tears that were already in his eyes. "Me too.." he said.

Melissa put a hand on Derek's arm.
"Please try to do something. Maybe he'll listen to you, maybe Scott, but I don't want to be the one telling him that. Maybe he needs therapy, but I know that people don't take it well when someone suggests therapy."

"You're right, Melissa, I'll try making things better for him. I promise."

"Thank you. Take care Derek."

Derek left the clinic, and called Scott.

"Hey man, what's up?" Scott said when he answered the phone.

"Hey, Scott, I need you to do something for me."

"Of course, what is it?"

"Umm.. it's Stiles. Something is really wrong with him. He's not well, Scott. And I wanna help but we're not really on talking terms. Can you like.. hang out with him and stuff? Cheer him up a bit?"

"Yeah, man, for sure. We haven't done that in a while, I hope it'd help."

"Thanks." Derek said and hung up.

Stiles and Scott met later that evening at Stiles' place for a movie night. Scott was making some snacks for them while Stiles put another movie on the TV. Scott came back from the kitchen and stopped the movie before it started, Stiles managing to sneak a chip into his mouth already. He looked at Scott questioning why he stopped the film.

"Stiles you know you can talk to me about anything, right?"

"Yeah.." Stiles said, confused.

"If there's anything wrong.. you know we can always solve it together."

"Yeah I.. I know."

Scott smiled and grabbed the remote, but Stiles stopped him.

"Umm.. there is.. this thing. That's bothering me." Stiles said carefully.

Scott put down the remote and looked at Stiles.

"It's about Jade." Stiles said.

"Jade? Derek's girlfriend?"

"Yeah. I think.. I think she's been kinda.. threatening me."

"What do you mean?"

"Um.. she doesn't really like me being near him.. especially doesn't like me having a baby with him."

"Yeah.. you know.. she's dating him.. it's not that unusual. "

"Yeah but.. she said some pretty bad things about me.. about the baby.. she's taking the crazy girlfriend thing a bit too far.."

"What do you.. did she try to hurt you? Stiles, did she do anything to you?"

"No, no, she just.. she sent me some texts saying I have to leave Derek alone and stuff like that.. but she somehow made the texts disappear.. I don't know how.."

"Stiles, are you sure this is real?"

"What?"

"Maybe.. You're overreacting? Derek said something about it.." Scott said to himself.

"Derek? What? What did he say?" Stiels shifted uncomfortably.

"Stiles, maybe it's about your hormones, you know? You said yourself, they're controlling your emotions and stuff.. maybe you're just mistaking a jealous girlfriend for something different?" Scott said and when Stiles didn't answered he continued. "I know she seems like a bitch, but don't make it bigger than it is. Derek's probably gonna dump her soon enough anyway, right?"

"Yeah.." Stiles said, unconvinced.

"It's okay buddy. Let's just watch a movie, yeah? Forget about things for a bit. "

"Yeah." Stiles said again. "You're probably right, yeah." He nodded.

Scott played the movie, but Stiles couldn't really follow it. He sent Derek a message.

- Hey, can we talk?

- Yes

Stiles smiled a little, thinking maybe he could make things better.