Rapunzel Part 4

As you walked through the forest you came to the understanding that living in a tower for the best part of one's life creates an extremely jumpy person. Taehyung, for example, had taken to jumping onto your back whenever the wind rustled the trees too much.

He did this between rolling around in long grass and chasing after colourful butterflies and finally having finished watching a beautiful sunset, you were sure he was going to turn on his heel and return to his tower.

But Taehyung surprised you, as always, turning his gaze from the sky to you and grabbing your waist, ducking his head so his lips were next to your ear, "you freed me."

With ease and little resistance from you, he lifted you so you could easily attach your lips to him, your hands gripping his broad shoulders as your legs wrapped around his narrow waist. Between kisses Taehyung whispered into your mouth, "you're my angel, saving me from that cramped tower."

And although you kept kissing him, hands massaging at the muscle of his shoulders you pulled away for a second to bite on his ear, chest full of guilt as you whispered, "my reasons were purely selfish."

He pulled back and smiled, eyebrows knit before he grinned and pressed a kiss to your nose, "you're not capable of being selfish." His words shot through your chest, but when his lips reconnected to yours, instead of pushing him away like you had intended to, you kissed back.

When his tongue licked at the crease of your lips before pushing in slowly, you made sure to nip at it, trying to warn him that you weren't what the person he seemed to think you were, and yet his kisses were intoxicating.

It was almost like a gravitational pull that had you returning to his lips each time you thought you could escape, you were sucked right back to him, pushing away was almost impossible.

That was until a clap of thunder jolted you from your thoughts.

In seconds you were soaked to the bone and hiding under the tree, you quickly thought back to your previous ambles in the woods and remembered that there should be a small pub near the path you'd been walking.

"Follow me," you shouted, trying to be heard over the loud sound of rain before you sprinted out of the meagre cover the tree gave you and back onto the path, running forward for a few minutes until you saw smoke coming from a chimney.

Taehyung grabbed your arm as you went to open the door, "I don't think it's safe in there." His eyes didn't meet yours so you easily slid your arm out of his grip and threw open the door, walking inside to be greeted by familiar faces which you noticed wen they shouted your name.

"Hoseok and Yoongi!" you replied, glaring them both into silence when they looked at Taehyung in surprise. They were fellow bounty hunters who you would often meet in pubs between jobs followed by the occasional steamy night that would have you unable to leave bed for the following day.

Just thinking about the nights you had spent together made you blush, glancing to where Taehyung had been standing with the hopes that he wouldn't have noticed. But the boy was already busy chatting to the barkeeper who had greeted him with a hug, and you smiled as they both chatted before sliding into a seat next to your older friends.

"So you found the lost prince?" Yoongi leant on his arm, pushing his untouched drink in front of you with a grin, "I'll need something from you to stay away from your target." You rolled your eyes, watching as he patted his lap and leant back, Hoseok laughed at the easiness with which you stood and sat on his partner's lap.

Hoseok glanced at Taehyung who was watching you with an uneasy stare, and the elder boy's widened with understanding when he turned back to point a finger at you in accusation. "That poor boy has no idea," Hoseok proclaimed and you jumped off Yoongi's lap, to your relief but also dismay as you tried to silence your friend.

"He doesn't know what?" Yoongi asked, watching you pull up a chair to sit inbetween the two boys knowing you would have to give them a full explanation of what was happening to prevent them from ruining everything.

It was embarrassing to own up to your lies, but with a straight face you whispered an explanation, "he doesn't know I'm a bounty hunter or that I'm taking him back to the Light Kingdom to retrieve his bounty."

They both nodded in understanding, it was a common trick to become friends with the target and return them without their full understanding but Yoongi still looked amused as he placed his hands on yours.

"Would you let me test out a theory?" His voice was low and you could tell from the recognisable tone in his voice that this 'test' was going to involve your body in someway. But Yoongi was famous for his intuition, so you nodded slowly, "thanks sweetie, it'll only take a minute."

With that he dipped his head into your collarbone, pulling down the fabric of your top to attach his mouth, nipping at the flesh before sucking on it, in an action you associated to be leaving a hickey. You looked over at Hoseok in mild confusion, but the elder boy shrugged pretending he had no idea what his partner was doing, when in reality he was tempted to do the same, just to see a certain someone's reaction.

That someone was Taehyung who had jumped up from his seat to rip you away from Yoongi, pushing you behind him as if to protect you. "Don't touch her like that," he growled, voice low and you wondered if he was jealous as he leant in to look Yoongi directly in the eyes, "things like that you only get to do to someone you love."

With that he grabbed you by the wrist and began tugging you away, but you managed to glance back and see Yoongi smirk at Hoseok before he called, "I don't think you're just friends."

Taehyung unconsciously squeezed your hand before dropping it in surprise at his own actions, "I'm so sorry, he was kissing you and it annoyed me." He mumbled the last statement but you still heard it, and smiled before turning to the barkeep.

"Can we stay here for the night?" you smiled as he nodded and threw you a key which you caught easily, "we actually need two rooms."

The barkeep laughed, "we only have one room left honey, get your man to sleep on the floor if you're intending to save yourself until marriage." Hoseok and Yoongi burst into pointed laughter at that statement and you glared at them, internally begging them to be quiet in case Taehyung caught onto why they were laughing.

But he didn't seem to question it, instead he laced his fingers with yours again and tugged you up the old wooden stairs, leaving you to wonder if his silence was because he was angry or just tired after a long exciting day.

How were you to know that his silence was the result of jealousy, and that the emotion he was feeling so strongly would be the fuel for many other events that night?