Rupunzel Part 6

It was amazing you had managed to get to the Light Kingdom in time for their bonfire celebration, but now standing next to Taehyung in front of the huge bonfire you were happy you had. The warm light reflected against his face of complete wonder, eyes wide in adoration as you both watched people throw items into the fire as they began their new beginnings.

A new beginning. From the first time you had seen Taehyung, you wondered if maybe he was going to be more than a simple target to you, that wide smile and the childish wonder in his eyes had made your heart race from the first time you'd seen him.

"It's beautiful," Taehyung gasped, turning to look at you and his eyes seemed to reflect the fire burning in front of your figures, no longer the burnt out embers of an old spark but now burning with life. "Thank you," he gripped your hand, squeezing it as he wondered what you were thinking with that sad expression on your face.

You were weighing up the amount of money you would lose if you allowed yourself to get swept up in the feelings that were present in your heart. There had been times in the past where you had let yourself fall in love, given your heart to others only to be abandoned over and over.

Maybe that was why you felt like you should give him up, let his family know that he was okay, but if you were to do that then you'd be losing the man you loved by betraying his trust. Taehyung squeezed your hand to get your attention and he smiled slightly at you, "if we're going to have a new beginning then i need to get something off my chest-"

"You're the missing prince of the Light Kingdom," you finished. Eyes staring at the bonfire, watching as a log crackled in the heat it was surrounded by, you refused to look at him but with your heart racing this much it wouldn't last long.

Taehyung turned you to face him, squeezing your shoulders slightly to get your attention, his lip quivered as he tried to understand what you had said, "you knew?" his voice waivered when you nodded, "did you just, bring me here to get the money?"

A lump formed in your throat, eyes widening when he put it so bluntly. You knew you had to be honest, there was no other way you could live with yourself as you managed to whisper, "at first, yes."

Taehyung pushed you away, falling to his knees as he stared at his hands and then clenched them, looking up and fixing you with a steely stare, "you lied to me."

You backed away, not knowing how you were meant to explain yourself when there were tears streaming down your face. How were you meant to tell him, you placed a hand over your eyes, gasping, "I fell in love with you.

"I don't want the money anymore, and my dream isn't to live surrounded by riches alone." You looked up at him, watery gaze making it hard to seem resentful, hard to convey all the emotions you were feeling as you backed further away. "I just want to start again but with you this time-" you felt the heat against your back as you backed closer and closer to the bonfire, "I can't live with you hating me."

Taehyung stood up, tilting his chin up and looked every picture the royalty he was, "I love you. You're a liar, a thief but also the woman I love. I would have been stuck in that fire instead of here if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have felt the rain against my skin, the grass beneath my bare feet or my lips against yours. I can't leave all of this and pretend you haven't saved my life."

A pair of arms wrapped themselves around your figure, Taehyung. He pulled you to a safer distance from the flames, and as he looked down at you, tears streaked and ash covered face, e laughed before pressing his lips to yours.

"How can I leave you, I'm head over heels in love with you." He laughed and squeezed you tightly into his chest that shuddered slightly as he cried before pulling away to flick your forehead, "idiot.