Cinderella Part 1

Most girls grew up dreaming about becoming a princess, to be surrounded by riches, marry a prince and live happily ever after. But being only a human, your dreams had always been more realistic with plans to make money to support your single mother by becoming a famous baker.

There was no such thing as Prince Charming is what your mother had told you, repeating it nightly as she stroked your hair having tucked you in. And instead of fairy tales, you were brought up on stories of your father who had run away with another woman when you had been born. It shattered her heart.

In return, on your eighth birthday, your mother disappeared and stole your dreams with her.

You knew 'happily ever after' didn't exist, that there were no shortcuts like wishing stars or fairy godmothers and yet it could be argued it was magic that you were scouted for an apprenticeship in the Royal kitchens.

And you finally found a home in the kitchens, surrounded by loud boys, princesses and the prince voted the most likely to break your heart, Jung Hoseok. Almost everyday girls would rush in gushing about how amazing he was, how prince-like and regal and you would always roll your eyes and remind yourself that he wasn't as amazing as he seemed.

Hoseok and you had grown up together and although you fostered an innate dislike for Princes; he was different from anything you could ever imagine and that was why you had vowed him to be your enemy.