Chapter Nine: Disaster

A/N: yeah so I just realized that in the last chapter I mentioned all three Heathers but Duke isn't present so can y'all please forgive me and At least forgive my laziness since I'm not going to fix it.

The house was shitty. Drunk college students were passed out in the living room. A few kids our age were drinking and fighting in the kitchen.

It wasn't even eight o'clock yet. And everyone was already drunk. Fun.

Heather Mac immediately went over to the teenagers and met up with her "date." Apparently it was Ram Sweeney. Gross.

Chandler disappeared pretty much as soon as we got there. In the shitty lighting in here I couldn't even see her red scrunchie, and that scrunchie was literally the brightest fucking thing I'd ever seen. The sun is blinded by it.

I had no clue where I should go. I eventually decided to get a drink and just kind of walk around. I got a few drunk catcalls. I ignored them.

"Hey, sexy."

I turned around. Some sleazy college guy leaned on the doorframe.

"Are you talking to me?"

He grinned. His breath reeked of alcohol. He stumbled forward slightly. "Yeah, babe."

A hand clamped on my shoulder and I pulled back. "Get off, asshole."

"C'mon, babe-"

"I'm not your babe," I hissed. I quickly headed the opposite direction.

I caught a glimpse of Heather smoking on the patio with a small crowd.

Mac and Ram were making out on the couch.

This was so awkward. I hated this place. Everyone here was slutty, drunk, and childish. I shouldn't have come.

"Veronica!"

Heather was glaring at me from the patio. I sighed and walked over towards her. "What, Heather?"

"How're you enjoying the party?" She asked. I could tell she was trying to sound sincere but she's just a bitch.

"It's good, I guess." I slurred my words slightly; the alcohol was getting to me.

"Why not come play truth or dare with us?" She asked, waving her cigarette in the air.

I shook my head. "No, sorry. No."

She glared at me. "Or... maybe I could?" I tried again.

One of the others in the group smiled at me. "I'll go first. You," He said, looking at the girl next to me. "Truth or dare?"

"....dare," She hesitated.

"Dare ya to.... spray paint the house," he smirked, tossing her a can of red spray paint.

"Ha, funny. That's vandalism." I crossed my arms.

He rolled his eyes. "Lighten up."

"It isn't your house, dumbass. It's not funny."

"Veronica, shut up." Heather shoved me. My head pounded.

"S-stop, Heather." I steadied myself on the doorframe. "I don't feel so good."

"You're such a baby, Veronica." She gripped my shoulders, shaking me. My vision swam. I couldn't focus on her face, my head hurting. "Transfer to Washington, to Jefferson. No one at Westerburg will play your little reindeer games!"

The moment she let go of my shoulders, I stumbled forward and heaved. Heather's red leather jacket was now covered in vomit.

She gasped. "You bitch! I raised you up, you stupid little nobody! This is the Thanks I get?"

"Lick it up, baby, lick it up," I sneered. I turned and walked through the house, out the front door.

As soon as I was down the street, I knew my life was over.

Dear Diary,
A world without Heather. Is that so much to ask? A world where I'm the popular one, and she isn't there to torment me, and I can be happy for once. I wish for a world without Heather Chandler in it. Just once, I wish it was possible to walk the halls with my head held high.

I groaned, dropping my diary and flipping backwards onto my bed. My life would be over the moment I set foot in the halls of Westerburg High School the next morning. What should I do till then?

Almost in response I heard knocking on my window. I jumped, seeing a grinning face in the glass.

I raised the window. JD was perched on a tree branch, trying to reach the sill. "Hey, Veronica!"

"What the fuck are you doing at my house?" I asked as he climbed in.

He gave an awkward laugh. "Eh, I was nearby and I saw you walking home and I figured I'd drop by, I guess." He looked a little awkward in a baggy hoodie. He ran a hand through his hair. "What do you want to do, now that I'm here?"

"I don't know," I said, sitting on my bed. "I'm not exactly used to having guys climb through my window."

JD sat beside me on the bed. "So what did you and the demon girls do?"

"Oh, it was a party and now Chandler hates me and probably is going to ruin my social life so that's great, I guess."

"Well," He said, looking at me. He was just a few inches away from my face; his eyes were like dark chocolate. "It seems to me like you're a dead girl walking."

I didn't move. My eyes never left his. "I guess I am."

"Kiss me, dead girl walking."

It was almost a dare. Then very quickly I pressed myself against him. Our lips connected. His arms around my waist, my fingers twisted into his hair.

Heather may destroy me tomorrow, but I had tonight. Tonight with JD, just us. He was so perfect. Everything about this was perfect. Forget everything else. The world is cruel; but here, here it's beautiful.