Chapter Eighteen: Oops I Did It Again

I pulled on the gloves that JD gave me before tucking the pistol into the pocket of my jacket. The note was folded neatly in the pocket of my jeans.

JD has marked two large circles on the ground with rocks. The plan was to get Kurt and Ram into the circles, shoot them, and plant the guns and the note.

He retreated into the trees. "Good luck, babe," he whispered before disappearing.

I could hear footsteps crunching over branches. "Veronica?" I heard Ram Sweeney call out.

"I'm over here," I said, trying to make my voice sound sexy. "Come find me."

Kurt pushes some bushes out of the way into the clearing I was standing in. He grinned like an idiot. "Hey, 'Ronica!" He stumbled forward a little. "So should we just...?"

"Take it easy," I said, flipping my hair. "See the circles? Each of you in one. Then strip."

They did as they were told, laughing the whole time. When both were in their boxers, then Kurt asked, "what about you?"

"Count of three," I breathed, "I want you to rip my clothes off me. One... two..."

JD stepped out from behind a tree, gun out. "Three!" He shouted as he fired at Ram.

I pulled my gun, firing at Kurt, laughing. He took off sprinting.

"You missed him?!" JD asked me.

"Yeah but it was still funny," I laughed.

He ran a hand through his hair. "Stay here, I'll get him." He started running through the woods after Kurt.

In the distance I heard Kurt scream "you killed my best friend! What the fuck!"

I walked over to Ram. The bullet had hit him right at the base of the throat. He wasn't moving, wasn't blinking. I lightly kicked at his shoulder. He didn't respond.

"Ram?" I asked, kneeling beside him. Worry began creeping in. His eyes were like glass, not seeing anything.

I set the gun down beside his hand and pulled off one of my gloves. Two finger against the neck to check for a pulse. There was nothing there.

"Ram!" I said again, slapping his face.

Have you ever been in one of those super serious situations and a meme comes back to haunt you? Like you're supposed to be very scared but you brain decided to go be super edgy instead? Because while I should have been thinking fuck my boyfriend lied to me, instead I just kept seeing the vine of the little girl who goes yeah she's fuckin' dead.

I could hear more branches crashing, meaning Kurt and JD has run in a loop and we're about to enter the clearing. I slowly pulled the glove back on before picking the gun back up.

Kurt ran in, screaming like a child. JD had his gun pointed at him.

He tensed when he saw me aiming at him as well. He was trapped, JD behind him and me in front of him. He kept moving but had no where to go. "Veronica, he's tryin' to kill me!" He screamed, breathing hard. "Do something!"

JD fired. Kurt crumpled to the ground, the bullet entering his side between his ribs.