Apologies

A/N: Another short chapter

The day seemed to drag on for Harry. All he wanted to do was go to his dorm and relax. Possibly listen to Draco play guitar but he wasn't going to admit that. The highlight of his day was in Transfiguration when Neville accidentally transfigured Ron. Neville had tried to transfigure him into a dog but Ron just ended up with long flappy dog ears and a long dog tail. Professor Mcgonagall fixed it within seconds though. Harry still couldn't stop laughing ten minutes after class had ended.

Finally it was the end of the day and Harry was relieved. He was not however, relieved of the mountain of work he had to do. Ron, Hermione, and himself sat down at one of the tables in the common room and started on their Potions essay.

"What are we supposed to be writing about?" Ron asked.

Hermione sighed and rolled her eyes at her boyfriend. "We're supposed to write how to brew Liquid Luck and what it does." She said.

"Right, I knew that." Ron said.

Harry flipped through his textbook until he found the right page. He only needed to write half a parchment's worth so it wouldn't take long. Then he could start on his History of Magic work. Just then he became conscious of someone walking up towards them and he looked up to see Draco. He smiled at the blonde and the boy smiled back, perhaps nervously.

"Mind if I join you? I need to talk to you guys." Draco asked.

"Sure." Harry said. Draco sat down in the chair between Harry and Hermione.

"I wanted to apologize to all of you. For being an absolute git since first year. I know just apologizing isn't going to help but I thought it'd be a start." Draco said. Harry could tell this took the boy a lot of guts to say and Harry knew why. Draco was afraid Ron and Hermione, especially Ron, wouldn't ever forgive him.

Hermione looked at Draco for a few seconds before smiling. "We were all gits to each other Draco. It wasn't just you." 

Draco smiled and looked at Ron, who seemed to be deep in thought.

"I can't ever forget what you did but Hermione has a point. We were gits too so I can forgive you." Ron said.

Draco smiled and he glanced at Harry, who smiled.

"You already know my answer." Harry said.

Draco practically beamed.