Voice

Harry woke up the next morning and got dressed to go to breakfast. He looked out Draco's window seat to see that it was a bright sunny day and he decided he would spend the day outside. Harry went to the Great Hall and sat across from Ron and Hermione. He looked down and saw that somebody had already set out his favorite soup for him. He opened his mouth to ask Ron and Hermione when he noticed letters, no, words popping up in the soup.

Dear Harry,
Your voice sounds like an angel's. I could listen to you talk forever.

Harry blushed lightly and looked around to see if anybody was watching him.

"Did you guys see who put this here?" Harry asked Ron and Hermione.

"No Harry. Why? Is something in it?" Hermione said worriedly.

"No no, I just wanted to thank whoever left it." Harry said.

He didn't want to tell her and especially Ron that he had been left even more love notes. They were very nice and if Harry was honest with himself he enjoyed getting them. Whoever it was left them in unique and interesting ways. Harry wanted more than anything to find out who left them but didn't want anybody to know. Harry looked at the soup again. It had to have been somebody who knew what his favorite soup was as well, or somebody who just noticed he ate it every morning. Harry shook his head and ate rather quickly.

After they all had finished eating they stood and Harry spotted Draco getting ready to leave the Great Hall.

"I'll be right back." He said to Ron and Hermione before jogging to Draco.

"Hey Dray do you want to come spend the day outside with me Ron and Hermione?" Harry asked.

Draco smiled. "Sure. Blaise and Pansy were spending the day together anyway and I didn't want to be a third wheel." He said.

They stood and waited for Ron and Hermione to catch up before they all headed outside.

"Wait did you say third wheeling Blaise and Pansy?" Are they dating now?" Harry asked Draco.

"Yeah. Last week." Draco said.

"I thought Pansy was all about you?" Harry asked as they all sat down under the big oak tree by the lake.

Draco looked down at his hands for a few seconds. "She was until a few weeks ago." Draco said simply and Harry decided not to press.

"I wish I would've brought a book to read." Hermione said.

"You and your books." Harry said jokingly.

Hermione smiled.

"Hermione do you wanna take a walk?" Ron asked suddenly.

Hermione looked surprised for a few seconds but nodded and stood to join Ron. Harry watched them walk away hand in hand and for a split second wish he had what they did.

Trigger Warning: Mention of Past Abuse

"Harry what's that?" Draco asked.

Harry looked over at Draco and looked at where Draco was staring. It was a scar on his forearm that he had gotten when he was 13. There were many more scars on his body but that was the only one that could be seen. That night he had burnt dinner and for punishment he wasn't allowed to eat and Uncle Vernon had burnt him.

"Oh er it's a scar." Harry said, looking down and beginning to play with the grass.

"Harry." Draco paused for a few seconds. "I know there's more to it then that."

"You won't let this go will you?" Harry asked, looking at Draco.

"Not a chance." Draco said.

Harry sighed and told Draco about Uncle Vernon.

Draco stared at Harry. "I take it that's not the first time something like this happened?"

"Er no." Harry said.

"Why didn't you tell anybody Harry?"

"I don't have anywhere else to go."

"You couldn't have stayed with the Weasley's? Or Hermione?"

"No. I didn't want to burden them. Besides Ron and Hermione don't know."

"Harry you live in an abusive household. You need to get out of that situation. What are you gonna do after this year is over?"

"Go back."

"No. I won't allow it Harry. You know what, you can come live with me at the Manor until you find your own place."

"No Dray I couldn't. Besides your dad hates me."

"I don't care. I will force you if I have to but you are absolutely not going to live with an abusive family."

"You won't take no for an answer will you?"

"No way in hell."

Harry sighed yet again. "Fine fine."

"Hey you guys wanna head back to the castle for dinner?" Hermiome's voice came from beside them.

"Yeah let's go." Harry said.

He and Draco stood up to follow Ron and Hermione.