Competition and Lessons

Harry woke up earlier than usual the next morning but Draco was already gone. Harry got dressed quickly and headed to the Great Hall. He spotted Draco at the Slytherin table and shot the blonde a smile before sitting down across from Ron and Hermione.

Harry had only been sitting down for a few minutes before a Slytherin named Zayne White walked over to him.

Zayne shot Harry a toothy grin. "Hey Harry."

"Hello Zayne." Harry smiled back.

Zayne put his hand on the table and leaned in front of Harry.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go to Hogsmeade with me tomorrow?" Zayne asked.

Harry was taken aback. He blushed lightly. He had only talked to Zayne a few times in Potions but what was the harm in going? He glanced at Ron and Hermione who both seemed to be enjoying themselves. He turned back to Zayne and smiled.

"I'd love to Zayne."

Zayne smiled. "I'll meet you in front of the Great Hall then?"

"Sounds good." Harry said.

Zayne stayed and talked for a minute before leaving to return to his own table. Harry turned to Ron and Hermione.

"Don't say a word." Harry said.

◇◇◇

Harry returned to his dorm that night quite happy. He was excited about tomorrow. Granted, he didn't know much about Zayne but he was nice and very attractive. Harry jumped as the dorm door opened.

"Someone transfigure you into a grasshopper Harry?" Draco chuckled.

Harry laughed. "No not quite."

Draco collapsed on his four poster and looked at Harry over his chest.

"I heard you have a date tomorrow? With Zayne White?" Draco asked.

Harry smiled as he sat on his four poster. "Yeah I do."

Draco sat up, the smiled faded from his face. "Harry you should be careful. Zayne's not a good guy."

Harry's smile disappeared. "He seems like a perfectly nice guy to me."

"I'm just warning you Harry. I don't want to see you get hurt." Draco said.

"I won't Dray." Harry said. "Are you going to Hosmeade tomorrow?" He asked.

"Yes, I'll probably be going with Blaise and Pansy." Draco said as he pulled out his guitar and looked at Harry. "Now are you ready to learn guitar Mr. Potter?"

Harry chuckled and got up to put the silencing charms on the door. He sat down beside Draco. "I'm ready Mr. Malfoy."

"Alright first things first..." and Draco shot off into explanation.

After two hours Harry was still bad as ever at guitar but he had gotten better. Harry looked at Draco.

"Now it's your turn to hold up your end of the deal." Harry said, smiling.

Draco groaned. "Alright alright." He said before taking the guitar from Harry.

Draco started strumming and Harry recognized the song immediately. It was This Is Home by Cavetown, his number one favorite song of all time. The song meant a lot to him.

"Often I am upset, that I cannot fall in love but I guess, this avoids the stress of falling out of it. Are you tired of me yet? I'm a little sick right now but I swear, when I'm ready I will fly us out of here..."

Harry was mesmerized. Draco's voice sounded like an angel. As he watched Draco play he sensed that this song meant a lot to Draco as well.

"Get a load of this monster, he doesn't know how to communicate. His mind is in a different place, will everybody please give him a little bit of space. Get a load of this trainwreck, his hair's a mess and he doesn't know who he is yet..." Draco trailed off and Harry noticed silent tears running down the blonde's cheeks.

"Dray...are you okay?" Harry asked quietly as Draco set aside his guitar.

"I'm sorry Harry...this song just...hits too close to home sometimes..." Draco said quietly, wiping his eyes with his robe sleeves.

Harry pulled Draco close and hugged the blonde. Draco returned the hug, smiling weakly as he pulled away from Harry. "It just...explains me too much. I'm a monster, a trainwreck..."

"Hey, you are far from it. I feel the same way about this song but you know what part I focus on? The end Dray."

Draco looked at him and Harry began to sing the end.

"But little do we know the stars welcome him with open arms...time is slowly tracing his face but strangely he feels at home in this place." Harry finished.

"You'll always have a home with me. And Ron and Hermione." Harry said as an afterthought. "I care about you a lot Dray. I'll always be here. You're not a monster."

Draco smiled at Harry and hugged him. Harry hugged the blonde back.

"Thank you Harry." Draco said.

A/N: Guy in picture is Zayne White btw guys