[STONY] - save him.

Just a cannon after civil war

The way how Tony smiled at him with big sparkling brown eyes always touched Steve's heart. He loved playing with his lover's messy brown hair while the said rolled over into his arms and murmured some words like 'morning. ' or " hey honey." He loved how Tony used to hug him from behind when he made breakfast in the kitchen. Steve also loved how tony would smirked and taught him how to use the computer or cellphone over and over again. Steve rogers loved Tony Stark, the billionaire, the scientist, the play boy, and the man he almost killed.

Tony's eyes were full of anger, fear and unbelief when Steve brought the shield down to the glowing arc reactor, which dimmed after the crash. Steve could get the image of Tony gasping for air and staring at him in total fear while struggling to sit up. He didn't even go to check him though. He went to Bucky and helped his childhood best friend out without a glance to the  love of his life.
Once again, Steve woke up in the middle of the night, screaming Tony. He heard footsteps coming to his door and Natasha came in.
"Again?" She asked quietly.
Steve nodded. He had moved back into the avenger tower, into the room he used to share with tony after Ross was toasted by fury.  That was when he became the wonderful captain America again and when Tony disappeared from the world. Nat told him Tony decided to take a break and not to worry about him. Bit deep down in Steve's heart, there was a place shouting it's your fault fiercely.
"I couldn't help you with that. " Nat simply said. "It was your fault and No one could ever blame him for not wanting to see you anymore."
"I'm ...... having that bad dream again. That one where Tony was actually killed by me. " Steve said through gritted teeth and painful sighs.
"In my opinion, you did kill him. He's just a walking shell now as I see." Nat shrugged. " but that's why you have to try. You can't just walk away and say that you give up, you have to try to fix the problem between you." Nat sat by the tired captain.
"What am I supposed to do when I don't even know where he is." Steve tugged at his hair frustrated.
"He's coming back tomorrow. Fury has a big case for us and he called him. Stark will be in this tower tomorrow." Nat said quietly. " and if you hurt him again. Even Barnes wouldn't be able to save you."
Steve nodded, excited at the news he just got but nervous at the same time.
"What do i do?"
"You apologize. Beg for his forgiveness. It won't be easy but that's what you deserve." Nat said and left, leaving a defeated Steve in the cold dark room.