Chapter Five

A/N: This chapter was fun to write! I hope you enjoy!

It's been a two weeks since we started working at the Phantomhive Manor. It's been so much fun. I don't think the Doctor likes it though but he puts up with it because he knows it makes me happy. I've become really good friends with the other servants and now Mey-Rin is like a sister to me. But one thing that has been bugging me is what Sebastian said.

"You've not known us very long. You trust people easily. That might not be a good thing with us."

I've been thinking about it more than I should. I don't understand why I shouldn't trust everyone. Yeah, I don't know much about their past but I know enough to know they are good people. I'm too scared to ask Sebastian about it. I think he knows it's bugging me. Like, one time I was cleaning the library and he came up behind me and said, "That includes Ciel as well." then disappeared before I could turn around. Ciel seems okay. I don't talk to him much. He seems to be close with the others though. Maybe a little too close with Sebastian. Anyway, all I know is what happened to the manor and the former head, nothing much about Ciel himself. I have noticed he has disappears off somewhere quite a few times within these two weeks.

I was currently helping to make dinner. There was going to be more food than usual because Ciel's cousin, Lady Elizabeth, was coming over. 

I was stirring something in a pot when Sebastian came over.

"Careful Dani. You do not want to stir it too much since that could ruin it." He stood behind me and put his hand on mine, stirring a little more gentle. I felt heat rush to my face and I swear I could feel a glare coming from the Doctor.

"Oh. Um. S-sorry Sebastian." I pushed him away a little.

"It is fine, Dani. You did not know. Now, if you need anything, I will be over there." He pointed to the other side of the kitchen.

"Okay." I said. Sebastian turned around to go back to his station. "Wait!" I called with out really thinking.

"Yes. What is it?" He asked with a hint of...? Worry?

"If you don't mind me asking, but where is it that Ciel disappears off too?" I felt a little awkward asking. I knew he's give an answer like 'He's a noble, he has duties' or something.

"He's the Queen's Guard Dog. She asks him to complete a task and he will with out hesitation."

Okay, not quite the response I thought I would get. 

We finished making dinner then loaded it on to trays to take through to the dining hall. I rolled one of them in and Sebastian took the other. Sat at the table was Ciel and who I guessed is Lady Elizabeth. She was clothed in an orange dress and had her hair in pig tails, curled. I could hear her earlier, her high pitched voice ringing through the mansion. So far she annoyed the hell out of me. 

"Danielle, this is Lady Elizabeth, my cousin and fiancé." Ciel informed me. If I wasn't his servant I would not of hesitated to shout "THIS IS YOUR FIANCÉ?"  Yeah, he can marry who he likes but isn't that incest?

"It's lovely to meet you My Lady." I curtsied. 

"Why, aren't you just adorable!" She announced in her annoying voice. I didn't really know what to say to this. All I could think to do was to smile in thanks. We served them their food and Sebastian dismissed me. I quickly said thank you and hurried off to find the others. I looked in a few rooms and eventually found them in the kitchen. I sighed in relief.

"So, what d'ya think of Lady Elizabeth?" Bard asked, smirking a little.

"I've only just met her and I don't usually judge people on first impressions but, wow, she's annoying." I am also not one to lie. Usually.