Chapter 1: The Grandfather

PARADISE.

CHAPTER ONE: THE GRANDFATHER ]

❝YOU TAUGHT ME 

EVERYTHING I KNOW.❞

SEOUL, KOREA

SEOUL, KOREA.

"Please be the one in charge of the exchange of products, and kindly report it to me afterwards. I'm packed for today. Just call my secretary when something goes wrong, and I'll figure it out, got it?"

"Noted, Sir. Kim. I'll manage it as soon as I can." the employee responded.

Taehyung then nodded and turned his back to talk to his secretary. "Mr. Kim, your office is now organized by the committee and your meeting will start in an hour."

"Okay, thank you. You can go now Ms. Lim." he said and sat comfortably on his office chair, sighing as he have many things to do.

"I want a break" he said, looking at the ceiling, trying to close his eyes until he heard his phone ringing on his desk. He answered it quickly, seeing that it's his brother.

"Hey, Hyung? What's up?"

"T-taehyung... c-come h-here. h-hurry! Grandfather had a heart attack and they're bringing him to the hospital!  I don't know if he's still-"

"What?! Okay okay I'll be there!" Taehyung exclaimed, tears trying to spill from his eyes. He quickly told his secretary that he won't be able to attend the meeting, and he drove to the hospital with a panicked face.

After a few minutes, he arrived at the hospital. Taehyung ran as fast as he can to reach the room number, and finally he was met with his whole family crying over his beloved grandfather whom is peacefully laying on the hospital bed.

"A-Am I too late?" Taehyung asked, wiping his tears as he looked at his father whom is standing on the corner. 

"Your grandfather was d-dead on arrival. The doctors can't save him. He d-didn't make i-it." Taehyung's father says, hugging his shaking mother.

"papa. papa wake up please." Taehyung knelt in front of his peaceful grandfather, breaking down as he receives no response. "How could you leave me?"

His brother then rubbed his back, comforting him. "Papa is happy now. He won't suffer anymore."

"I just- It's too sudden." Taehyung sobbed, hearing his mother cry loudly too.

"It's going to be okay." His brother reassured.

1 WEEK LATER.

"Are you sure you're leaving for two months? It's too long." His brother said, watching Taehyung pack his clothes on a luggage. "I know you're papa's favorite grandchild, but, isn't this too reckless? What about your company?"

"You should take over me for a while, Namjoon-hyung. You're not busy anyway, right?"

"Right. But... I'm going to check up on you often okay? I'll manage the staff that will serve you. Besides... I'm the hyung." Namjoon winked at Taehyung and the younger giggled at his hyung's dorkiness. 

"Alright, alright. Thank you hyung. I needed a break anyway. I hope you won't stress out at my company.... heh." he smirked, soon receiving a soft punch from his older brother.

"I hate you... Just pack instead, I'll fix your hotel and whatnot." Namjoon said, leaving the younger on his own.

"I hate you too hyung~" Taehyung joked and continued packing his things.

After a while, a knock was heard from his door. He wiped his tears (he's still mourning) for a moment, and said "it's open!"

His father showed up and sat on Taehyung's bed. "Son? O-oh! why are you packing?"

"I'll take a vacation for 2 months dad. It's too suffocating for me here."

"You're just like your mom. She's still crying on our room, and I don't know how to cheer her up."

"She'll be fine, dad. Papa was mom's father after all." Taehyung said, closing his luggage.

"You're right. Is everything fixed? Your hotel? Your flight?"

"I have the tickets, and Namjoon-hyung booked me on a hotel. Don't worry dad, I'll be fine."

"I guess so. Have fun there, son. Call us often. I'll get going, it's late." His father then stood up and went to the door. "Oh, wait- where will you go?"

Taehyung smiled a bit and said,

"Hawaii."

━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━

1st Chapter Guys!!!

No Interaction from Yoongi in this chapter, but it gets better.

We still need to build up the story first before he meets the adorable man itself. ♡

I'm looking forward to see you on the upcoming chapters!

ILY