12

We sat at dinner. April telling Aro about the picture she made for Marcus as a gift. Marcus was off doing something. I ate quietly when my sisters walked into the room.

"Eaven I have to go. Holly and Margret got into a fight and Holly's been hurt." Caitlin said kissing Aprils head. "I will visit when I can."

"Give them all a kiss from me." She nodded and left. Mary sat down quietly and we heard the distant door close and she looked to Caius.

"What are you intentions with Eaven and April?" I sigh but continue to eat. "I will not stand by and see my sister locked in a tower like you former wife." I froze.

"Former wife?" I asked.

"You didn't tell her of you passed marriage?" Mary growled.

"Now now. I'm sure my brother had a reason to not tell Eaven." Aro said as April looked at Caius confused.

"It is in the past. She left over a hundred years ago when she found her mate. I don't see why I had to tell Eaven something from so long ago. The past is the past. I never questioned who Aprils father was or if she was married previously-"

"You don't know anything about each other." She snapped.

"Mary that's enough. He knows of our human life and how we became what we are-"

"But he doesn't know you was raped and beaten when you was caught in Ireland." She growled and stopped turning to Aprils small voice.

"What does that mean?" She asked.

"Nothing baby." I said getting up. "Come April. Let's go find Marcus." She smiled as we left the room but the only thing in my mind was Caius. I didn't even look at him to see his reaction. We found Marcus in the library.

"Ah April are you ready for your reading lesson?" April giggled and nodded happily as Kitty pounced to April.

"Have fun. I have a painting to finish anyway." She nodded and kissed my cheek before I left her with her uncle. I went to Caius's art studio and walked over to my painting. I smiled as I grabbed a small paintbrush and the paints I would need. I stopped when I realised there was no yellow or brown. I looked to a small door. I guess he must keep supplies in there. I put my things on the counter before going to the door and pushing it open. In stead of paints I found paintings. Most of horrific scenarios. One of soldiers standing above a naked crying woman. Another of children, woman and men alike being slaughtered. The poor people look innocent. The held no weapons and some children in the painting seemed to be crying. I saw one of a tall man, maybe in hi late 30s or early 40s being stabbed by Caius. Then I saw it. In every painting Caius was. He was a soldier standing over the naked woman. He was one of the men killing innocent people. Then there in the centre was a large portrait of him and a beautiful blonde woman. They seemed happy. I may have killed but never innocent people. And I had never raped a person. I had been raped myself. I just looked at the picture of the poor woman. She was bloody and marks covered here. Ripped material of her clothes scattered around her. She was curled in a ball and sobbing into her hands. What made it worse was all the soldier stood there smiling at the body. Even Caius. I felt sick. I hurried out the room and tear up. The man I loved...he did those things.

"Eaven? Are you here?" I saw Caius walk into the room and he smiled when he saw me but I ran out the room. "Eaven." He quickly grabbed my hand.

"How could you not tell me?" I sobbed.

"I'm sorry I should have told you about Athenodora. But there's no need to cry my love. She is not here and I love you, not her." He cupped my face but I pushed him away.

"When you was human....what you did..." He looked over my shoulder to the slightly open door at the back of the room.

"Understand. It was different back then love." He said.

"Different? You forget I'm from that time. Would you have done hat to me?" I asked and backed away from him.

"No Eaven. I love you." He went to come closer but I hurried away.

"I...I think I need some time alone." I whispered before leaving him standing there alone. I hurried to the guard quarters. Vlad looked up and saw me a sobbing mess.

"Eaven? What's wrong?" He quickly came over and hugged me tightly. I didn't say a word, I just cried into his chest.