18

Caius walked me to the soft arm chair between two dark brown cribs. As we walked in two Volturi guards left. I guess there would be guards for them since what happened. I looked around the room and looked at the wall confused.

"Aspen? Hunter?" I asked looking at the names above the cribs.

"April named them." He smiled kneeling in front of me. "She demanded she got to name them since they were born on her birthday." He chuckled, causing me to smile.

"She always was good at picking names." I smiled looking to the sleeping babies. Both hooked up to heart monitors. But Aspen was hooked to a drip as well. "Does she see them much?" I asked.

"Since Marcus has taught her to read, she normally sits in here with Jane, Alec or Stefan and reads to them. Sometimes she just talks to them or sings. She comes here as much as she can." I smiled as I watched Hunter shift and start to cry. I went to get up but wobble a little. Caius helped me back me my seat before rushing to his sons side. He gently picked him up and walking over to me. I smiled seeing my oldest baby boy.

 I smiled seeing my oldest baby boy

"He looks like you." I smiled causing him to chuckle. "He has you hair and nose."

"Well he has your eyes. They both do. Aspen has you hair too." I looked to the still sleeping baby.

"Will he be okay?" I asked and Caius walked closer and gently placed Hunter on my lap but held him. Hunters little eyes opened and looked up at me. I smiled and stroked his small strands of blonde hair. He yawns and grabbed my finger, holding it tightly before falling back to sleep. Caius kissed me and I smiled at him.

"Both of them will be perfectly fine, my love. You'll see." I nodded when Aspen started crying Caius placed Hunter back in his crib before taking a dipper out of a set of draws next to the door. He grabbed wipes and changed the baby quickly before coming over and picking me up and taking me over to the brunette baby.

He cooed quietly and wiggles, his eyes wide open as he looked up at me

He cooed quietly and wiggles, his eyes wide open as he looked up at me. I couldn't help but smile. I cuddle into Caius and he kissed my head.

"I already love them so much." I smiled, causing him to chuckle.

"Let's let them sleep. You need to eat anyway." I nodded and kissed there heads gently before allowing Caius to carry me to the dining room.

*****

I finished eating and now sipped my blood slowly. April, Caius and Aro sat with me.

"Mummy when your better can we play with my new toys." April asked as she ate a small heart.

"Of course sweetie. Just let me get better first okay." She nodded happily before wolfing down the last of her food. Once the food was gone she ran out grabbing Vladimir and Stefan hands on the way out.

"Now that innocent ears are out the room I think we should talk about what happened." Aro said. I looked to Caius. "How did you not taste anything off about the blood?"

"Honestly it tasted fine. Nothing seemed off about it." I answered truthfully. Caius gently took my hand.

"Was there anyone invited that may have been able to get there hands on wolves venom? What about your sister?" Aro asked. I was shocked at what Aro was suggesting.

"My sister would never do this. Her husband can't produce venom as he was turned not born a werewolf." I said causing Aro to groan.

"Maybe we're going off track. Is there anyone that would want to do you harm?" Caius asked.

"Shouldn't I ask you that?" I ask making them both grown. "You don't exactly have a great relationship with the children of the moon, now do you?" I asked. I turned to Caius and frowned "Is there a specific wolf that might want to kill you or your loved ones?"

"None that come to mind." He said through his teeth. "We did however catch the lower guard member who gave you the blood. She doesn't seem to know what happened. Aro confirmed she's innocent." I nodded.

"So the venom was added before she brought it to me. Was any other blood tainted with?" I asked looking between the two. The looked at each other before turning back to me.

"Actually yes. Three others have died already. No one else is showing symptoms of it." Aro explained as Caitlin and Mary walked into the room. They were carrying the twins causing me to worry. I tried to get up but my legs felt like jelly.

"Calm down. Hunters fine and Aspen needs to get out that room sometimes. We're going to try with the bottle again. Hopefully he takes it. They've gotten bigger since they where born." Mary said and I watched them sit down. It was killing me inside out that others could hold them but I couldn't. They where my children. Mine. I should be holding them. Feeding them. Taking care of them. Caius kissed my head as I watch my boys. He walked over to Mary and took Aspen. He walked over and sat next to me. I smiled as the small baby looked up at me, tugging at the strands of hair he could reach. Caitlin sat on my other side and I looked to Hunter.