23

Once they was dead we hurriedly out, Alec and Demetri setting a large fire to get rid of all the evidence. I watched as the black smoke surrounded the small cave and most of the tiny beach. The horrid smell filled the air and Caius wrapped me in his arms.

"It's sad really. Almost 200 maybe more vampires killed for what?" Aro frowned.

"If they had been smarter perhaps they would be here today." Marcus frowned.

"They deserved it for what they did. And who knows how many humans have discovered anything about us. As stupid as they are they aren't blind." Caius frowned.

"Jane, Alec, Demetri. Bring any remaining humans to the caste. We can not risk anyone knowing of us and what has happened." Aro said.

"Felix I demand you go and claim my children and the Romanians from America." Caius said. Felix nodded before rushing back.  I couldn't help but smile at the thought of having my babies home with me. Safe in my arms. I missed them so much. 

*****
Once we had reached the castle Aro was tackled by Sulpicia as soon as he was inside. James had ran to his wife and daughters. It made me want my  children more, but I knew I had to wait just a little longer. Caius needed rest so I laid him in our bed and at next to him running my fingers through his hair.
"You're going to have to be careful for a while." I smiled, causing his to groan.
"I'll be healed by morning." He said and I rolled my eyes.
"You still need to be careful. I don't want the boys seeing you like this and crying." He just chuckled making me smile. "I was starting to think I lost you."
"No, unfortunately your stuck with me for a lot longer." I missed him softly. All we was missing now was our children.

*****

Caius was right. By the next morning he was as good as new. And that afternoon we got a phone call saying that April and the boys where on the way home. That's why I was speeding towards the airport with Caius in the passengers. He didn't seem to care that I was speeding. He just sat there calmly readings book. As soon as we arrived I practically jumped out where as Caius calmly got out. I rushed inside with Caius following me.
"Arn't you excited?" I asked looking around for them.
"Of course, love. But I can't was my go as fast as I would like." I smiled grabbing his hand.
"Mummy!" I looked over and saw April running over. I smiled, scooping her up hugging her tightly to me.
"I missed you so much." I whispered. I looked up to Felix and Vladimir hoping my babies. I smiled and took one in each arm. Both of them clinging to my shirt. I kissed there heads while Caius held April.
"Let's get home." I nodded happily before walking out to the car.

I know it's short. The next chapter will be longer.