two

🦢 𝐒𝐖𝐀𝐍 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆 🦢
002. | where you left your heart

The next day: Hope walked around the compound, facetiming her uncle Kol. Her mother had left their home just about an hour ago and the twins were alone.

"How is my little ne'er-do-well?" Kol smiled.

"I've been better" Hope answered, "How's Davina?"

"My darling wife is gorging on papaya right now. You know, Belize is beautiful this time of year" Kol told her, "You should visit"

"I'd love to" Hope smiled, "But I'm grounded"

"Grounded?" Kol repeated.

"Yup," The niece confirmed, "What's worse is that I can't even be grounded on my own. Liam is also grounded"

"But you can't ground a witch, let alone my favorite niece and nephew"

"That's what I said, leaving out the part about Liam. Mom didn't think it was funny" Hope told her uncle as she made her way towards her brother's room.

"That you left out your brother?" Kol questioned.

"No, that I'm a witch who was only going to use magic to whammy myself out," Hope told her uncle. She opened the door to her brother's room.

Kol nodded, "Well, I'm sure this will all blow over by Mardi Gras"

Liam, who had been sitting on his bed reading, looked up when he heard his uncle's voice.

"I— I didn't think it was such a big deal at the time, but now that it's stirred up so much trouble. Mom's so mad at me and I— I feel kind of bad" Hope admitted to her father's brother.

Liam rose from his bed and took the phone from his sister's hands. The two of them sat down next to each other, fitting both of their heads in Kol's screen, "Uncle Kol, hey"

"Liam" Kol smiled, "Your sister told me you're grounded for getting in trouble. What was it now?"

"The same thing as always" Hope answered for her brother.

"Humans?" Kol asked and his nephew nodded, "Tell your sister to stop looking so crestfallen"

Liam looked back at his sister, "Hope's just feeling bad about what she did. It's the first time she gets in trouble. I guess it's a big deal"

Kol sighed, "Hope, darling, you can't get your knickers in a knot every time you have a little kerfuffle. You'll never have a moment of pleasure" He told her, "And I, for one, thought you showed some real entrepreneurial spirit"

The twins chuckled.

"Yeah, that's me, your friendly, neighborhood blood dealer" Hope laughed.

Kol chuckled, "I'm sure you've noticed by now the best people are black sheep"