seventeen

🦢 𝐒𝐖𝐀𝐍 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆 🦢
017. | nightmare child

The Mikaelson twins sat at a table in the courtyard with Klaus as he examined Liam's arm. The boy looked at his father, "What's happening to me?"

"I don't know" Klaus answered.

"It's bad, right?" Hope asked.

"You need to rid yourself of this darkness," Klaus told his son. Liam nodded and rose from his seat.

"He can't, you can't" Hope said, stopping her brother, "You can't kill him, Liam, I won't let you"

Liam looked at Klaus who sighed, "Hope—"

"Dad, he's no more guilty or responsible than we are" Hope told her brother and father

"All that power and still merciful" Klaus replied, "Clearly didn't get that from my side of the family"

"This is only gonna get worse, isn't it?" Liam asked.

Elijah entered. Klaus frowned, sensing his brother's presence. "Stay here" The twins nodded, staying in their seats.

Klaus got up and walked away, Elijah following him. The father of two shook his head, "You shouldn't be here, brother"

"Niklaus, I think I have a solution," Elijah told him.

"You really think you can act as counsel when you're sleeping with the enemy?" Klaus asked.

"I'm not speaking for Antoinette nor am I speaking for Roman" Elijah answered, "This is about Liam"

"Oh, so this is about him, now," Klaus said, sarcastically, "How touching, you remembered his plight"

"He's faltering, isn't he, Niklaus?" Elijah asked, worried for his nephew, "That rage consuming him from within . . ."

"And yet, you've taken me from his side again," Klaus responded.

"You might not trust me right at this moment, Niklaus" Elijah started, "Do you really have any other choice?"

Klaus, Hope, and Liam entered St. Annes Church. Antoinette and Elijah had gathered Greta Sienna's followers— the purist vampires in the church. The plan was to trick the vampires into thinking Elijah and Antoinette were carrying on Greta's legacy.

The vampires were watching Elijah and his friend when the doors to the church suddenly opened. They all turned around to find Klaus, Hope, and Liam making their way towards the..

Emmett looked at Elijah and Antoinette, "What are they doing here?"

Elijah quoted Antoinette's mother, "The road to redemption is long and winding, but worthy"