twenty-six

🦢 𝐒𝐖𝐀𝐍 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆 🦢
026. | a mikaelson party

Only a few weeks had gone since Elijah sacrificed himself for his brother to live. A few weeks since Thalia Mikaelson came back to life. She had been gifted a daylight ring and the promise of breaking the curse on her that kept her werewolf side dormant and inaccessible.

It was now the second day of May, the twins' birthday and for the first time in forever, they were going to spend it with their whole family.

Rebekah had somehow managed to convince Hope that a sweet sixteen ball was the way to go. It took days to convince her but she finally did which left Hope, Rebekah, Keelin and Thalia in the situation they were in now— Hope's dress. She couldn't find a single dress to wear to the ball and it was becoming an issue as they had to be at the venue in less than an hour.

The mother and aunts sat on the bed in Hope's room, waiting for her to come out and show them her next dress. Thalia sighed, "I feel like a mother of the bride"

"Please don't marry her off" Liam requested as he passed his sister's bedroom on his way to leave the compound.

The mother turned around and let out a laugh, "I would never" The boy chuckled at the response and the way his mother put emphasis on the word 'I'. He closed the continued down the hall to meet with his father.

The parents had decided to separate the twins for them to get ready because they all had different tasks to do but also because they deserved to do whatever they wanted for their birthday. Liam had chosen to spend the day with his father.

"I FOUND MY DRESS!"

Hope left the bathroom and made her way towards her room. She entered the bedroom in a white gown with lace sleeves, Thalia recognized it all too well— it was her wedding dress.

"So?" Hope smiled, twirling around in the dress, "What do you think?"

"Hope. . ." Thalia looked at Rebekah and Keelin before she rose from her seat, closing the door, "You look beautiful but this— it's a wedding dress"

" Thalia looked at Rebekah and Keelin before she rose from her seat, closing the door, "You look beautiful but this— it's a wedding dress"

"I know" The young girl replied, a smile still plastered on her face, "It's yours"

Thalia blinked, "Yeah, it is. And don't you think that you should wait until you get married to wear it?" The woman looked at her in-laws for help. She needed someone to back her up.

"No" Hope walked closer, taking her mother's hands, "Mom. Please, I never ask you for anything. I like this dress more than I liked the others" The older woman shook her head and sat down on the bed. The young girl sighed, "I should've listened to myself. . . and to the survey I took that said that I should've bought a black dress"

"No!" Thalia and Rebekah objected. Neither of them wanted Hope to change again or to wear a black dress to her sweet sixteen, "Please, not a black dress. Anything but a black dress"