twelve

🦢 𝐒𝐖𝐀𝐍 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆 🦢
012. | onto the next world

Hope and Liam sat quietly in the latter's room in the compound. They were looking through different kinds of spells and grimoires to find a spell that would help them with all of their listed issues. The first and most important predicament was their mother's death and the second predicament was their geographically challenged family. 

Klaus appeared in the doorway, "Hope. Liam"

Hope shut the book she had in her lap and looked up at her father while her brother didn't even bother to lift his gaze, "Go away"

"There's no magic that can fix this" Klaus told his children as he entered the bedroom.

"I said, leave" Hope said, reopening her book as she tried to distract herself and keep her feelings bottled.

Klaus walked closer, "Please, don't push me away"

Liam angrily slammed his book shut and rose from the bed to stand in front of his father, "You deserted us. You left us all by ourselves when you promised that you'd be there"

"I wanted to be there," Klaus told him. He sighed, "I've only just found out how dangerous this is. I could kill you"

"Then leave. Let me die!" Liam yelled.

"Your mo—"

Liam breathed heavily, running his hands through his hair a he grew more and more angrily frustrated, "Is dead! My mom is dead and it's my fault. And if you — the real you can't be here, then leave. We need more than some half version of you. We need a father"

Hope sniffled quietly from her brother's bed.

Liam slowly sat down on the floor, his head in his hands as he leaned against his bed, "I can't—I can't do this anymore

Liam slowly sat down on the floor, his head in his hands as he leaned against his bed, "I can't—I can't do this anymore. Why are you doing this to me? I don't want this, I don't want any of this. I don't wanna live like this anymore"

Klaus looked down, not knowing how to help his children, "Please don't say that"

"You need to leave, Dad," Hope told him.

Klaus shook his head. The male tribrid looked up, tears in his eyes, "Go!" He raised his arms to magically sent Klaus away and the bedroom door broke at the same time.

Hope stared at her brother, horrified. He had so much power and couldn't control any of it, no wonder he had been destined to bring down the whole city of New Orleans.

Klaus returned to the Bayou. He let go of Ivy's hands, "Are you okay?" Ivy asked. Klaus didn't answer her. He turned around and walked away, completely heartbroken. He couldn't console his children.

Klaus walked down to the docks near the old shack where his wife used to live. He approached a tree close to the docks that had been turned into a monument for the Kenner family. Three names had already been carved into it.