eighteen

🦢 𝐒𝐖𝐀𝐍 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆 🦢
018. | forgive me god

The Mikaelsons had taken everything easy after what happened. The whole family knew about Liam accidentally killing the old man. Klaus and Elijah were awkward around each other and Hayley was avoiding the latter as much as she possibly could. After so much loss, things wouldn't return to what they had previously been.

Things had been hectic but the family would all be at ease as Freya's wedding was coming up. She had proposed to Keelin and they were going to get married as soon as they could which was organized to take place in a day.

Liam stepped into Lafayette cemetery to visit Bill's memorial and found his sister, Hope, standing in front of it when he got there. He leaned against a tomb and watched as she put a yellow rose into the vase with a clenched jaw.

 He leaned against a tomb and watched as she put a yellow rose into the vase with a clenched jaw

"Don't you think that you should do something nice for Bill? As an apology?" The sister asked.

"It's not like I meant to kill him," Liam said.

The teenagers turned around at the sudden sound of shoes hitting the gravel and they both turned around to find their father walking towards them. The son sighed, "You're here too?"

"I wanted to make sure you were alright," Klaus answered once he reached his children.

"I don't know why we leave flowers" Hope began as she crossed her arms, "It doesn't do them any good and it's not much of an apology for killing someone"

"Unintentionally," The father corrected, "Your brother rid the city of those vermin. He's got nothing to apologize for"

"He is standing right here and he can hear you perfectly" Liam spoke, "And don't make it sound so noble. Yeah, I killed a few bad guys but it was as much to get the magic out of me as anything else. Besides, it's not like it lasted more than a few hours"

Both Klaus and his daughter found themselves staring at the dark lines creeping up his arm, the dark veins had returned. The young boy shrugged, "Well, at least he gets his revenge next week when the full moon comes"

The older male walked closer, "Liam, however much you dread your first transformation, once you go through it, you're gonna feel better. We're gonna be here to help you"

Liam nodded. He did appreciate the fact that his father was trying but it didn't help him right now, because right now he needed to figure himself out before he hurt anyone he actually cared about, "I need to be alone"

With that, the boy pushed himself to stand straight before he left the cemetery. As he walked down the gravel path to the closest exit, Klaus caught a glimpse of the dark veins creeping up the back of his son's neck which meant that soon enough they would cover his whole body.

After speaking to his children and getting to see first hand what the dark magic was doing to his son, Klaus went to visit his brother Kol and his wife Davina in hopes of getting some help.