nineteen

🦢 𝐒𝐖𝐀𝐍 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆 🦢
019. | don't worry, be happy

Hayley and Rebekah stood inside a barn at the venue in dresses as they waited with Freya who was expecting Elijah. She had asked her brother to walk her down the aisle and he had declined, but something told Freya that she should wait for him.

"I'm sure he would be here if he could," Hayley told Freya.

"Yeah. Maybe we were expecting too much," Freya said.

"Well, it's time" Rebekah handed her sister her bouquet of flowers, "No one deserves this more than you"

Rebekah kissed Freya on the cheek and Hayley hugged the soon to be married woman before the two walked out to the altar. Klaus approached his sister inside the barn and she smiled at him, "If it's not too presumptuous, perhaps I might escort you"

 Klaus approached his sister inside the barn and she smiled at him, "If it's not too presumptuous, perhaps I might escort you"

Freya nodded. 

"Not if I have anything to say about it" Freya and Klaus turned around to see that Elijah had arrived.

"You're late," Klaus said.

"Fashionably so," Elijah replied.

Klaus looked at Freya as the brothers stood on either side of her, "Well then, looks like you're stuck with both of us"

Freya smiled, linking arms with her brothers, "You ready?" Elijah asked his sister.

"I am now" Freya answered.

The three Mikaelsons left the barn and walked down the aisle toward Keelin, Kol, Marcel, Davina, Rebekah, Hayley and the twins who were all grinning widely when they saw Freya. Keelin stood at the altar with Kol, who was the minister. 

Freya let go of Klaus and Elijah's arms when they reached the altar. Klaus moved to stand next to Rebekah but he couldn't help but have his eyes on his son every second, not paying attention to what was going on around them.

"Dearly beloved" Kol started, "Now, not to make this all about me, but we know how families work. Sometimes it's dinner and sometimes it's daggers. Now, I don't know why it takes something as special as this to wake us up. To make us aware of the beauty in the moment, during the moment, or to be grateful for what we have, while we have it"

Klaus looked at his son, a worried expression covering his face. Liam noticed that his father had been watching him, he glanced his way and sent him a smile that said 'I'm fine'.

"Now, I, for one, am grateful for today and I'm grateful for all of you" Kol continued, "Keelin, when I first met you, I would have never predicted that you would become my sister. Now, you're strong and beautiful and deserve nothing but the best in life"

"Minions" Kol turned to face his niece and nephew, "The rings, please"

Hope furrowed her brows, "Minio—" Liam covered his sister's mouth with a hand and handed the rings to his uncle with his free hand. Kol took the rings and handed Hope the bouquets of flowers for Freya and Keelin. The family watched as the two women exchanged rings.