Chapter 4

I rolled over and shut my alarm off.

I dragged myself out of bed and got into the shower to get ready for work.

My thoughts wandered to that night, praying that I wasn't just dreaming about what happened with Austin.

No. It definitely wasn't a dream. I could still feel his lips on mine, that's how real it was.

As I walked back into my bedroom I heard my phone go off.

Michelle: Want to stop for coffee before work? Also I'm picking you up. I need details!

I shook my head and chuckled.

As I got dressed for work I couldn't help but think about what Austin said.

"Wait, another flight? Where do you live?"

"Utah."

I was so surprised that he flew all the way to New York to see me, that I completely didn't realize he lived halfway across the country.

How was this going to work?

I decided to ponder on those thoughts another time as I saw Michelle pull up through my window.

I made my way down the stairs and got into the front seat.

"Oh my God oh my God spill everything bitch! I can't believe you made me wait this long."

"Desperate much?" I rolled my eyes as I put on my seat belt.

I went on to tell her every detail from last week, trying to keep myself from blushing towards the end.

I finished up the story as we pulled into the hospital parking lot.

"I can't believe he flew all the way here to see you holy shit. And you guys fucking kissed!" "Amy it's like I don't even know you!" She exclaimed.

"But seriously, he seems amazing. And I don't think I've seen you this happy over a guy like ever!"

I gave her a small smile as we walked to the elevator.

"I'm just afraid of how we are going to keep seeing each other. Obviously I like him Michelle but he lives in Utah!"

"I'm sure he will figure something out, he doesn't seem to mind flying to New York. He's a rockstar, he can do whatever he wants."

That's what I was afraid of.

I quickly got report from the night shift nurses and finished assessing most of my critical patients for the morning.

I signed out all of the medications I needed for 9am and administered them.

"Hey Max." I said as I walked into his room.

His IV was beeping and needed to be changed.

"Hey Amy, I haven't see you in a while."

I smiled "I was off for a few days and then I was floated to another floor. I heard you're getting discharged later on that's amazing!"

"Yeah I can't wait to get out of here. I have alot of therapy ahead of me before I can walk normally but its progress." Max replied.

"That's awesome, you'll be walking in no time."

Max gave me a hopeful smile as he quickly changed the subject.

"So uh- Austin told me he's been hanging out with you."

I looked up at him as I started changing his IV bag.

"Yeah we've been talking and we hung out once. He's a busy guy but he seems sweet."