Chapter 19

I laid on the couch in Michelle's living room, while she opened a fresh bottle of wine in her kitchen.

I stared blankly at the television screen trying to figure out a way to reveal to her that I was pregnant.

She was my absolute best friend in the entire world and I had been keeping this a secret for 2 weeks.

She brought me a tall glass of wine and set it down on the coffee table.

"Ams you have to try this new brand I bought, it's amazing. And I know you love a good red wine so i think you'll really enjoy it!" "Go on, try it!" Michelle exclaimed.

I sat up, turned to face her and decided to just spit it out.

"I um.. can't drink the wine Michelle." I said in a low voice.

"Well why not?" "Are you still not feeling well?"

I shook my head. "I can't drink the wine because.." I took in a deep breath. "..because I'm pregnant."

It was the first time I had said it out loud and it still felt unreal.

Michelle's jaw dropped as she stared at me in utter shock with widen eyes. And for the first time in her life, she was speechless.

After she finally processed the words that came out of my mouth, she wrapped her arms around me and squeezed me into a tight hug.

"Oh my God holy shit Amy are you fucking serious right now? Please don't joke about something like this cause I swear I will murder you if it's a prank."

I tried to force a small smile though I was literally shaking as I opened my mouth to speak.

"I'm being serious. It's not a prank Michelle. I thought I caught that virus that was going around. Then the employee health doctor told me I was feeling sick due to the baby, so naturally I sat there in shock cause I had no idea what she was talking about. Then I went to the OBGYN and she confirmed it with an ultrasound." "I'm about 3 months along."

My voice cracked while I finished my sentence as I no longer could hold it in.

"Honey! Oh my God Amy please don't cry. This isn't a bad thing! Babies are a blessing you should be happy. I'm so happy for you." "Holy shit you're pregnant this is crazy Ams."

"Michelle, don't get me wrong. I am happy about this baby. Even excited. I wasn't exactly planning on having a child right now but I really am happy about this pregnancy. But I haven't spoken to Austin in so long. We broke up months ago and I'm sure he never wants to hear from me again, let alone wants me having his baby." I sobbed as she brought me a box of tissues.

"I mean what do I even say? Hey Austin it's me your ex girlfriend Amelia. I know I shattered your heart into a million fucking pieces and you want nothing to do with me, but just letting you know I'm pregnant with your kid."

I rolled my eyes as I wiped my tears.

"Well maybe you should just send him a simple text saying you would like to talk to him in person and then go from there." "Its a start and it will give you some time to decide what exactly you want to say to him." Michelle said as she rubbed my arm to comfort me.

"But he's probably so busy on his new tour, there's no way he's going to fly here to come talk to me just because I texted him." "He literally has this entire year booked up. He doesn't have time to be bothered with me or this baby."

"Stop don't say that. You know he really cared about you. Sure, maybe you broke his heart but a baby changes everything. And you never know Amy, maybe he still has feelings for you."

I scoffed as I looked up at her.

"Yeah right. I'm sure he hates my guts for what I did to him." "And I really don't blame him if he does."

"Even if you can't tell him until his tour is over, atleast send him the text so he knows you want to see him." "Amy you have to do this eventually, it's not like you can go forever without telling him. He's going to be even more upset if he thinks you were hiding this from him."

I let out a long sigh. I knew Michelle was right, I had to tell Austin sooner or later.

It was his baby and he deserved to know.

I pulled out my phone and typed a brief message to him.

Me: Hey Austin. I know it's been a while but I was wondering if we could meet up to talk in person.

"Okay I did it." I said as I felt my heart start pounding in my chest, anticipating what his response would be.

Michelle gave me another hug. "Everything will work itself out Ams. Maybe this is fate bringing you guys back together." She said as she raised her eyebrows at me.

"Honey, do you still love him?"

My eyes shifted down at the floor, trying to hold back any more tears.

"I wish I could say no. Just as I was starting to atleast try and move on, I find out he's going to be in my life forever because of this baby. Now a part of me feels like I never stopped loving him and I never will."

"Well maybe that's not such a bad thing." Michelle responded. "Do you regret breaking up with him?"

I looked up at her "Every single day." "But it felt like my only option at the time."

"Now I feel like my whole life is turned upside down. The whole reason I ended the relationship was because we barely saw each other. How am I going to have a baby with him?"

"You guys will have to figure it out sweetie. But first you have to tell him." Michelle lightly chuckled.

"Yeah, you're right." I sighed.

I picked up my phone and checked my notifications, even though I knew he wouldn't respond so suddenly.

But nothing yet.

"I know this is a serious conversation but can I offically refer to you as Post Malone's baby momma?" Michelle bursted out laughing.

I cringed but I couldn't help but laugh along with her.

"Do it and it'll be the last thing you ever say." I joked as I laid my head back on the couch.

Maybe I was getting all worked up for nothing. Maybe I would tell Austin about the baby and somehow everything would fall into place. Maybe we would even get back together. And maybe I would even get my fairytale happy ending, right?

Or maybe not.